(13) Appendix

Y/n P.o.v

After Steve and I's two arguments and him leaving I noticed that Jackson was quiet and seemed to be looking for something I asked "are you okay" he mumbled "yeah" I responded saying "are you sure". He nodded saying "yeah I'm sure". I brushed it aside before finishing the dishes , after drying the last dish Jackson came in the room saying "mommy my tummy hurts" I nodded saying "did you have enough dinner" he nodded as I added "well how about we go sit and watch a movie" he nodded again before running to the livingroom. As I walked out of the kitchen and took a seat next to Jackson he snuggled into my side which was something he only did when he was really tired or didn't feel good so I asked. "Do you feel okay sweet pea" he shrugged and continued to sit there quietly but I brushed it aside thinking he must've had a long day with Steve since the two were supposed to go to the park.

It was the middle of the night when I was awaken by the feeling a someone shaking my arm , I turned to see Jackson standing by my bed. I yawned before saying "hey sweet pea , are you okay" he shook his head saying "my tummy still hurts". I nodded saying "do you think your gonna be sick" he shook his head again saying "no , can I sleep with you though" I nodded before pulling him into bed with me. A few hours later I noticed that Jackson continued to stir and that he held onto his stomach almost as if it were in pain , I instantly remembered my father going thru the same thing when I was in highschool. I rubbed Jackson arm saying "Jackson baby , where does it hurt" he then pointed to his appendix area and that's when I knew we needed to go to the hospital. I quickly hopped out of bed and grabbed some shoes not caring that I was still in my pajamas I then spoke saying "Jackson go put your shoes on , we need to go to the hospital" he frowned saying "am I gonna be okay" I signed not answering his question and instead said "Jackson just please put on some shoes".

Ten minutes later I was sitting in a hospital room with Jackson waiting for the doctor to come back with the test results while whipping the tears on Jackson's cheeks as he asked. "Am I gonna be okay" I nodded saying "of course your going to be okay, the Same thing happened to papa , your gonna stay here for a couple days and then I'm gonna stay home with you and we can watch movies all day okay". He nodded before the doctor came back to the room saying "well , it's his appendix I suggest surgery before it worsens" I nodded as she added "I'll be back in a few minutes". I nodded again saying "do you know where there's a phone" she nodded before gesturing towards one in the hallways before leaving. I kissed Jacksons forehead before saying "I'll be right back , I gotta call daddy , are you gonna be okay here". He nodded saying "I'm okay I'm a big boy mommy" I nodded before leaving to call Steve , after dialing the number to Steve's apartment he finally answered in a groggy tone "hello".  , I already knew he’d be in bed since it was the middle of the night. “Steve” I said causing he to say “Y/n do you know what time it is” I sighed knowing I had to get to the point , given the situation. “Steve you need to come to the hospital , Jackson’s having his appendix removed” after I didn’t get a response I added. “Steve , hello” I then heard “we’ll be there in five” I hung up the phone before going back to Jackson , as I realized that said we and we only could mean one thing I'd have to see Alison again.

A couple minutes later and Steve had entered the hospital room alone. He quickly rushed to Jackson , who was shaking saying “hey buddy , what’s going on” Jackson sighed saying “I have to have surgery”. Steve nodded saying “I know mommy told me , your gonna be okay though , cause when you get out we’re gonna just eat junk food and watch a bunch a movies , okay” Jackson nodded as Steve added “plus your gonna have an awesome scar that'll gonna drive all the girls crazy” Jackson chuckled before asking “do you have any scars daddy” Steve nodded pointed to his upper lip saying “Aunt Robin and I used to work at a mall , and I slipped and fell and ended up with this” he then added “and this” he said pointing to his index finger “ I got from trying to open a beer with a , nevermind" Jackson nodded again saying “does mommy have any”. Before I could answer Steve did saying “one the side of her left foot” I was almost in shock he remembered as Jackson asked “how’d she get it” Steve responded saying “mommy and I were at the lake and she got a seashell caught in her foot” Jackson gasped saying “did she cry” Steve chuckled saying “like a little girl”. I swatted his arm as he continued saying “and then I pulled it out and I had to carry mommy up to the house and we-“ he then cut himself off realizing how this story ends.