Ponytale (Naruhina) (HS AU)

PonyTALE

Sorry for the terrible pun, had to do it. Anyway, this Naruhina one shot (or more like a drabble bc it's pretty short) is based off of a real story that happened to me in class once. Except, I didn't know some random guy was playing with my hair and instead of cute it was actually kind of creepy. So.... ya. Also, this is told from the perspective of Naruto's thoughts. (Until later)

Disclaimer: Totally and completely wholesome!

AU: High School!

----------

Ugh. This lecture is soooo incredibly boring......

What if I were to just..........close my eyes for a little-

"Naruto Uzumaki! No sleeping during class!"

Ok fine. Well I guess I can't do that then. But how on earth is that fair? Shikamaru sleeps right in front of Iruka-sensei's face everyday, and he never gets called out! I guess the valedictorian would get special treatment....

Let's see. What around this room is interesting? Hm. Pretty much nothing. I already know that there are exactly 57 and a half ceiling tiles (the half from when Kiba broke one by throwing a stapler at a bug on the ceiling) and I already know that there are exactly 89 floor tiles, and if I were to stuff pigs in this room, floor to ceiling and side by side, I could probably fit about 762 pigs. Yes, as you can probably tell, Iruka's lectures are usually this painfully mundane.

So....what else is there to do?

I could doodle... I guess. That's like, what normal people do when they're bored in class, right? I guess I'll try it.

Wait, someone's hair is all over my desk!

...Have I really been spaced out long enough to not notice?

Huh. Ya, I guess so.

Well, should I just ask her to like, move her hair? Or like, scoot up more? I mean, that's probably pretty embarrassing. I'll just move it off the desk.

Hm. It's pretty soft though.....

Naruto stop. That's creepy, ya know.

Ok, right. I'll stop touching her hair. But...she doesn't really seem to notice. What's the harm in it? It's keeping me occupied, and besides.... Her hair is really soft. And pretty. I mean, midnight blue hair? I've never seen hair that color before. Well, I guess I have. This girl has been sitting in front of me for months, but I just really haven't been paying attention until now.

I've probably been twirling her hair around my finger for like, ten minutes now, but she seriously hasn't noticed! I guess that's a side effect of having long hair. Or, of actually paying attention to the lecture. That...could also be it.

Oh well, I guess I'm entertained for now, so what do I care? As long as she doesn't find out anytime soon....

----------

Bzzzz. Bzzzz.

Hinata Hyuga picked up her phone from her pocket and looked at the display that popped up on the screen. She had received a message from her best friend Sakura.

From: Cherry Blossom :)

Hey Hina, are you aware that that guy Naruto has been playing with your hair for like, fifteen minutes?

Bzzzz. Bzzzz.

Sakura Haruno looked down to her phone and saw a text from her sweet, shy friend. She turned in her chair to see the girl with a soft smile on her face. Sakura smirked in return.

From: Hina-chan :P

Yes.