Nejiten and the Chamber of Secrets (Nejiten) (Hogwarts AU)

Nejiten and The Chamber of Secrets

Not as raunchy as the name would suggest! I love Harry Potter, and I love Naruto, so I stuck all the Naruto characters in Hogwarts. Is that so wrong? Anyway, this story follows Tenten and her rivalry against one such Neji Hyuga.

Disclaimer: Slight pg13 language, but not excessive

AU: Hogwarts!!!!

----------

Tenten knew that she and Neji Hyuga were sworn enemies the minute she stepped onto that train.

Of course, after spilling her stuff everywhere, she was late to finding a cabin, and so she chose the last one in the entire train. The cabin was empty save for one student. She opened the door with a toothy grin (that was still missing a few teeth in the back) and waved a big hello as she sat across from her new friend.

The new friend (who, after closer inspection, she realized was in fact a boy and not a girl) had long dark hair held in a low ponytail. He sat with his feet criss-cross-applesauce with his hands on his knees. Tenten tried not to giggle when she realized he was meditating (or that's at least what it looked like). When she sat down across from him, he opened his eyes for the first time since she had walked in. Tenten was shocked to see that they were bright white. His robes lacked the logo of a House on them, meaning that he was a first year, just like her.

"I'm Tenten!" She smiled happily. "What's your name?"

"Please leave this cabin." He answered.

Tenten frowned slightly. "Well, there's nowhere else. Besides, that's not a very kind way to treat your new friend." She said teasingly.

The boy opened one white eye, and looked at her intensely, scrutinizing the young girl. Her second-hand robes, her old shoes, her lopsided twin buns, and her giant smile told him everything he needed to know.

"I don't want to be friends with the likes of you." He said sternly.

Tenten was flabbergasted. "Why not?"

The boy sighed. "Do you even know who I am?"

It was her turn to inspect him now. His perfectly polished black shoes, perfect hair, brand new robes, and haughty expression told her everything she needed to know, but she didn't work that way.

"Well you seem like someone who isn't very nice, since you hate me and you haven't even met me yet." She answered.

He scoffed at her reply. "I am Neji of the Hyuga family, one of the most pureblood lineages in the entire wizarding world."

She rolled her eyes. "Ohhhhh. So you're one of those."

"One of those?" He questioned. "Are you daring to insult the Hyuga family?"

Tenten eyed the Hyuga thoughtfully. "No." She decided. "Because I don't judge people off of a first look like you do. But, I don't approve of your beliefs."

"Our beliefs."

"Yes." She nodded. "About people......people like me."

"Ah." He said. "So you're a muggle born then."

She nodded enthusiastically (even though he didn't see it, since he was still meditating). "MmmHmm! And I'm gonna be the best witch ever! Even greater than the great Tsunade!" She exclaimed.

Neji smirked. "Yeah, right. You can't change what you are, muggle-born. No one can surpass their lineage, Tenten."

Her eyes widened at both his statement, and the way he said her name for the first time. Grinning even wider than before, she leaned in to the boy, leaving her face only inches from his. The sudden proximity forced Neji's eyes wide open for the first time. Normally, he would push away anyone this close to him, but for some reason, he found himself frozen when he looked into her eyes.