16

yerim couldn't believe the situation she was in with her boss, again.

as jungkook's lips found themselves above hers, yerim had to ignore how soft and good they felt. her body was still frozen in place no matter how much she wanted, no, needed to move so nothing worse could follow.

jungkook seemed to believe yerim was accepting because he gladly and enthusiastically pushed his lips against hers in a gentle, delicate manner (since they were, of course, still in the office).

when yerim's heart stopped racing and began to sink to the soles of her feet at the possibility of another christmas-party-mistake instead, it's as if her nerve cells were finally functioning again — she was able to push jungkook's chest, shoving her feet on the ground simultaneously so that she was spiralling backwards until her chair clashed with the serene white walls.

'i... uh.. need to get some lunch' yerim managed to say before clearing her throat and zipping out of the room in a flash, leaving a clearly stunned and blushing jungkook alone in the office.

yerim half-ran in to the elevator in record time, banging her head on one of it's cold walls in aggravation. 'why are you such an idiot?!' she hissed internally; things were going so well since the christmas party incident and now she felt as if she was back to square one with jungkook, where awkward silences would fill the air between them.

yerim went straight to level 0 and headed outside for some fresh air aswell as a chance to both collect and empty her thoughts.

so she kissed her boss... again. so what? it was a harmless accident. something that will result in nothing — yerim had built a comfortable and pleasant relationship with jungkook in the couple months she had spent as his assistant, and she was not planning to alter it in any way; 'i'll just go back up there and act like it never happened. yeah, that will work. that always works.'

after several minutes of walking around the block, yerim returned to jeon co. with newfound confidence and reassurance that everything will be okay.

she certainly did, however, stop by the level 5 restaurant in hopes to eat away some worries that stubbornly floated around inside her mind. she got her usual order as well as a go-to for jungkook, in attempts to hold on to the normalcy she desperately wanted to remain.

when yerim had her tray of food ready, she heard a familiar voice call her name. turning around, her eyes lit up when she saw lisa sitting alone on one of the many tables that littered the area.

'lisa!' she exclaimed, making her way towards the girl and sitting herself opposite. 'how have you been?'

'ugh, i had the steamiest dream about mr. jeon yesterday' lisa mentioned immediately, covering her mouth in a shy giggle.

'oh... really' yerim replied dryly, feeling uncomfortable in an instant; she temporarily forgot how infatuated lisa — as well as many other older women working in the company — was with the great jeon jungkook.

'yes, yerim! honestly, i am so jealous of you! how can you bear working in the same room as him for the whole day without wanting to kiss his face off?'

yerim forced an awkward chuckle out. 'um, i just don't see him in that way?' she half-lied. 'anyways, where's wendy?' she tried moving past the subject quickly.

'who cares about wendy!' lisa huffed, 'she's out having lunch with mr. park chanyeol.'

yerim's jaw dropped, 'what? so they're dating?!' she asked with sudden interest and enthusiasm.

'mm, i wouldn't call it 'dating' just yet but i think they may be going for it... which leaves me all alone!' lisa complained with a pout. 'say, yerim... would you ever help hook me up with jungkook?'