~ 5 ~

In that moment, I knew that I was starting to fall in love with him. However, I did not want to say the words until I was completely consumed by the emotion. Therefore, I kissed him because I did not want him to think that I was still unsure about him and also because I wanted to feel his lips against mine.
Once I pulled away from him, he gave me a wide smile before he put one of his arms under my legs and the second behind my back. He got up and started to slowly walk across the garden with me in his arms.
"What are you doing?" I wrapped my arms around his neck and moved my head away from him a little so I could meet his crystal eyes.
"The sun is setting." The mischief in his eyes excited me.
"I can see that. But what does that have to do with anything?"
"How do you feel about spending the night outdoors?"

"If it means we do not interact with anyone then I am beyond ecstatic about it." While he walked towards his destination, I rested my head on his chest. As he walked, I focused on his steady heart beat and how its rhythm comforted me. I closed my eyes and I mentally captured the tranquility of that moment. I somehow know that I will forever remember how I felt that day; it was the happiest and the calmest one I had ever been. That day, I became almost certain that when the time comes, I will choose to stay here rather than leave. After all, that single moment gave me everything I had ever desired; a peaceful mind, a happy heart, and a partner that has my back.
"We are here." Alec put me down inside a weird looking cave.
"What is this place?" I looked around in wonder.
"I found it when I was ten. I was running around in the Cypress trees field and it caught my eye. It is not an actual cave; it is just large branches coming together and creating something that looks like a cave."
"It is beautiful." Actually, it was breathtaking.
"Do you want to see what is even more beautiful?" I eagerly nodded my head. Alec chuckled at me and laid down on the floor.

"Are you joining me or what?" His eyes did not leave the sky. I laid next to him; our bodies were almost touching. I was immediately frozen when I looked at the night sky.
"Wow." I let out a breath as I digested the beauty of the bright stars in the dark sky.
"I have been coming here for fifteen years and every time this sight takes me back by surprise." We both watched the sky through the huge holes and spaces between the branches. It was like a painting; it expressed a profound emotion, one that is filled with hope and faith in everything good in the world. When I felt Alec touch my hand, I decided to talk about one more of my tattoos.

"You know, right after Diamanda died, I immediately changed and became the person I am today. It was not a process; it did not take time. I just woke up the next day as if I had multiple personalities and my darker personality took over from that day forth. I was so angry and so broken. Therefore, I decided to get my first tattoo."
"Can I see it?" His voice was a little louder than a whisper. I let go of his hand and turned to my right so I could completely face him. I was about to say something but I noticed his attention drifting. Thus, I waited.

"I am sorry, that was Chance he wanted me to meet him in Josh's house." He explained once his attention returned to me.
"Then go."
"No, I will meet him tomorrow morning. I am not ready to give up this quietness just yet. Now show me your tattoo." I gave him my left arm and his eyes went over the words on my inner bicep.
"I am not dead. Not yet. But I can feel life gradually forsaking me!"
His hand ran over my lips before his lips touched mine in a kiss that assured me that no matter what was coming our way, we would eventually be okay because we have each other.