CHAPTER NINETEEN

"The enemy is only a few days away from arriving at our borders." I stand before my entire pack; men, women, and children.

I'm not scared, I'm worried about the way the pack is going to react to the plan that I had frantically finished planning within the last few hours.

I'm aware of the holes in my plan, but I choose to believe that I'll be able to fix the plan as it progresses. I don't have any other choice.

"In the meantime, we are going to prepare for the plan." I declare. Immediately, I can feel all my close friends' eyes gap at me; I didn't inform any of them that I have a plan. Well, expect for Nick.

"Obviously, we're trapped here, we can't flee. Of course, I don't doubt this pack's fighting capability. However, we still don't know everything the encantados are capable of. So, fighting them might lead to our slaughter. So, we'll have to approach the situation in a different way." I'm stalling, and I'm aware of that fact. And the way that Josh looks at me tells me that he knows it too.

"I wish you listen to the whole plan, and then ask your questions if you have any."

This is a bloody bad idea Alex.

We don't have any other choice.

"Now, I'm sure you all remember the warriors who arrived a while ago to kill us. Now, the werewolf who sent them, Stefan, Shadow's brother has united forces with the encantados." Murmurs erupt at that statement, and I can feel Shadow's uneasiness through the mating bond.

"Shadow, Clay, Nick, Josh, and my mother will hide in the tunnels underground. Everyone else will remain on the grounds of the territory." When I start speaking again, everyone goes quiet. I expect objections over this declaration, but everyone remains silent; waiting for me to elaborate.

"No matter what happens, we will not give away the location of the people who will be underground. We will play a game of trickery. We will make our enemies believe that they have caught us by surprise; like we're unprepared for them. So, when they get here, we'll only pretend to be fighting back, and allow them to overpower us."

I look at the endless eyes, and the mixed expressions and emotions they hold. And I wonder which thoughts and feelings will win in every person standing before me.

"Let me be incredibly clear. After the enemy is tricked into thinking that they have defeated us, no one, under any circumstances is allowed to fight any of the enemy's people. Doing so will put all of us in danger."

Still, the silence continues, and with it my unsettlement and worry increase.

"Now, the reason I'm saying this is it is a werewolf's nature to protect their alpha, but I'm telling you right now that I'll be fine. It's all part of the plan. And if we want to win this war and save our home, we have to be united."

Self-sacrifice is your bloody hobby Alex! Amoux says displeased, but I ignore him.

"The Encantado king wants our waterfall, and Stefan wants revenge on Shadow for leaving. So, with Shadow being hidden in the tunnel, the person they will aim to kill first will be me so they can have complete control over the pack and the territory. The only person allowed to attempt to save me is Chance." I turn to my beta, and keep my gaze on him.

"He will declare that Shadow and I have marked each other. Therefore, killing me will only make Shadow the new alpha, and so they will not get what they want by eliminating me. I'm sure they'll search for Shadow, but we will all make sure they don't find her." I feel all the pack's eyes focus on my neck surely noticing the lacking of a mark on it, and that makes me a little uncomfortable. I'll have to ask Shadow to mark me, but I do my best to ignore it for now.