~ 2 ~

I did not want to see Ethan nor Jocelyn, much less talk to them. However, I was willing to do it if it meant helping defeat Owen. I fear what I am prepared to do in order to see the look on that bastard's face when he finds out that we knew about his scheme. Regardless, going there with Lorenza made me doubt how far I was willing to go.
Through out the entire walk, she kept glaring at me. I tried to ignore her, but the way she kept hitting the ground with every step she took was getting on my nerves. I kept reminding myself that the priority was to focus on talking to Alec's parents and not have a fight with an insecure she-wolf.
At first, Ethan did not allow me to enter his house while he welcomed Lorenza with open arms. He claimed that I stole his son from him; that I corrupted the alpha of the Open Wound pack. When I told him that Alec was the one who sent me, the older man rushed me into his living room. That alone tells me that he and his mate had done something to Alec.
I know that neither he nor his mate would have believed any word I said, thus I gave them the letter and told them that Alec wanted them to read the letter and they will understand. As expected, they did not believe a word I said, even with the letter.
"Why in the world would we believe you? You are the reason our son turned against us!" Jocelyn screamed at me. When she saw the blank face I gave her, she turned to Lorenza.
"She is telling the truth, I was with them. Xander also ordered me to stay with you until tonight." The brunette told the older woman.

"Why? What happens tonight?" Ethan walked to his mate and wrapped an arm around her shoulder protectively. I was about to answer, but Lorenza beat me to it.
"Xander wants you to meet him at the border." She gave me a victorious smirk.
"He wants you to meet him by the west border right before the sun sets." I provided the information Lorenza did not mention. Thus, her smirk vanished.
"Why?" His voice turned stern as he let go of Jocelyn and walked towards me.
"I do not know, but here is an idea. Why not mind-link him and ask him?" At that the older man's face went pale.
"That is what I thought, you two did something." I muttered to myself.
"That is none of your business." Jocelyn became defensive.
"You are right it is not. Listen, I do not care about anything you do. Alec asked me to do something for him, and I did so now, I will leave."
"What are we going to do about that ungrateful traitor?" Ethan was eager to squeeze answers out of me. However, Alec made it very clear that he did not want his parents to know anything he planned. Thus, I remained silent as I made my way out of their house.
Whatever this other war Alec was talking about, I hope his father can be trusted to fight it.