Book One: Chapter 35

Author's Note:

"I noticed the ATK is supposed to be ATP (Attack Power). Just to give you a head up."

Xian and his reptile guards rampaged across the major road across the village toward the shipping dock. There seemed to be fifty of them, maybe a hundred.

Sora knew she couldn't fight them all to escape. Although their experience percentages could help her level up quicker, dying in an unfair fight wouldn't be worth it. "Cut the ropes!"

Maxor and Garan raced to the right side of the ship. They rubbed their spears against the ropes until the ropes snapped off the ship.

As the boat drifted from the dock, Sora approached the sailing post and pulled the rope down. The sail dropped and spread open, catching the wind.

Next, Sora reached the steering wheel and turned the ship toward the open sea. The ship sailed faster as the wind guided it from the dock.

We're making it! Sora was about to sigh until four reptile guards jumped from the dock and landed on the back of the ship. They climbed up onto the cabin house and pulled Xian up to join them.

The muscular crocodile man pulled out his large curved sword and pointed it at Sora. "How dare you try to escape from me! I offered you a comfortable position by my side! And you decided to toss it aside?"

Sora pointed her spear at the crocodile. "Of course I tossed your offer aside! I don't want to become your personal whore!"

Xian growled. "You will regret this! Kill them all!"

The reptile warriors leaped off the cabin house and charged. Maxor and Garan jumped toward them before they reached Sora.

While the NPCs battled, Xian marched toward Sora. "It's a shame your beauty will be wasted after I kill you."

Sora smiled while pointing her spear at the crocodile. "Then why don't you try putting me back into your shackles?"

Xian raised an eyebrow. "Would you accept that?"

Sora stuck her tongue out at Xian. "Nope."

"Then die!" Xian charged, raising his large sword up.

Sora ducked from Xian's swing and poked Xian's thigh.

Xian

HP: 190

Sora thurst again, but Xian knocked the spear away. She fell onto her butt backed away while Xian pointed his sword at her.

"Maybe I will cut off your tail and use it as a body pillow instead," said Xian.

"But I like my tail!"

"You won't care after I kill you!" Xian charged.

Sora rolled from the crocodile and rushed toward Maxor. "I need a weapon!"

Maxor stabbed the guard and tossed a sword toward her. She caught it with both her hands.

Sword ATP-10

Sora blocked Xian's attack, but he kicked his foot into her stomach. She moaned as her back hit against the sailing post.

"Time to die!" Xian shouted.

Sora laughed. "For you!"

The crocodile charged, roaring with all of his might. As he got close, Sora took a side step, sprinting from his attack as his blade hit the sailing post.

With her quick speed, she dashed toward Xian's back and thurst her sword through Xian's neck.

Instant kill!

Xian dropped his sword, widening his eyes. "You..... Beaten..... Me....."

Sora pulled her sword out from the crocodile's neck. "Obvious, isn't it?"

Xian fell to his knees and disappeared.

Xian defeated!

Sora received 20% EXP

Maxor slashed the last reptile warrior and smiled at Sora. "We did it!"

Sora smiled back until her quest notification popped up.

Quest Completed!

100% EXP Received

Sora leveled up!

Sora smiled at the screen, feeling proud that escaping from an arena does give players rewards.

After Sora closed the screen, Maxor dashed toward her with his arms open. He hugged her tightly before she could see anything.

Then to her shock, Maxor kissed her. His lips sucked her lips until his eyes widened and then he released her. "Ah! S-S-S-Sorry about that!"

"It's..... fine." Sora wiped her mouth. "We should man the boat now."

Maxor nodded. "Good point."

"I will get to it now," said Garan.

After Maxor strolled away, Sora rushed toward the edge of the ship and spat at the water. I'm never going to kiss another man again!