Fun in the Sun- 13

Chapter Thirteen

The next morning I woke up, every part of my body hurting like a bitch. It hurt to move at all, and I knew I wouldn't be able to do much today. Instead of attempting at all to roll out of the bed, I just called Adam and told him to come to me. He came straight away, acting all doctor-ly and looking at the dressing on my injuries. He tsked at the state of my leg.

"You sure tore yourself up real good there." He commented as he gingerly put my leg down on the bed.

"Yeah, tell me about it." I muttered.

"Lucky for you, I've had a few of these in my day so I can take care of you no problem." He stated proudly.

"Yay." I muttered.

"Okay, first thing's first," he said as he clapped his hands, "we have to get you in the shower."

"But, I can't even stand. How do you expect me to wash myself?" I asked, more to myself than to him.

"Well, I'll help you if you need..." He trailed off, shuffling his feet.

I turned bright red. "Uh no! No, I don't think so. I think I can handle it." I said as I threw the sheets off my body and attempted to stand. "I got this." I muttered as I tried putting weight on my legs. Bad idea, because my legs didn't want to support my weight. I almost went down, and I would've if not for Adam standing there to catch me.

"Yeah, you sure got it alright." He said, holding me. "Come on, lets get you cleaned up."

"I really don't think that's a good-" but I was cut off mid-sentence as Adam swung me up into his arms and carried me to the bathroom. He set me down on the edge of the tub and turned the water on.

"Since you insist on helping me, I'm getting a bubble bath, with extra bubbles. Okay?" I said.

"Well, it's not like I expected you to stand." Was his response.

I let the water warm up and poured my bubbles in. After it got really foamy, I turned to Adam, who was still standing in the same place.

"Uh, I need to take my clothes off now." I muttered, feeling self-conscious.

"Oh, okay. Call me when you get in the tub." He said as he walked out the bathroom door and closed it. I heard him lean against it as I stripped down. I slowly lowered myself in the bathtub, and I was met with instant fire to my legs. I held back tears as I forced out a "come in".

Adam walked in, and upon seeing me in the state I was in, quivering in the bathtub, he immediately took control. "Okay, do you think you can manage your hair?" He asked me.

I tried lifting my arms as I would as if I were putting shampoo in my hair and was met with a searing pain down both my arms where it felt like the skin was melting off my body. I lowered my hands slowly, as to not irritate further. "No, I don't think I can." I said to him.

"Okay, we'll do that first then." He wet his hands, grabbed the shampoo bottle and lathered it onto my hair. His rough, calluses fingers from playing the guitar felt intoxicating as he massaged the shampoo into my scalp. I involuntarily closed my eyes as I soaked in the sensation. When I felt his hands leave my hair, I opened my eyes once again to see him lifting my leg out of the water gently. "Wha- what are you doing?" I said, but it came out as a whisper.

"I know this is going to be uncomfortable, and the wound will probably start bleeding again, but I need to apply soap and water to the area." He said as he began to put soap onto the washcloth.

I whimpered. "Adam, please no. It's going to hurt, I just know it will. Don't do- aah!" I screamed out as he placed the washcloth o my knee. Hot tears rolled down my face as he tried to comfort me.