Stage Fright-4

Chapter Four

As the song began to play, I was blown away. Adam? Adam Gontier? I met Adam-frickin-Gontier? Good god. This is like a dream and a nightmare. He caught me smoking! No one knows I smoke. And I sang one of their songs- oh god he heard me sing. This is terrible. But yet... This is a good thing isn't it? Not many fans can say they've had a conversation- no matter how short- with Adam Gontier. I'm actually quite flattered. However, if I had known it was him in the alley I probably would've acted much differently.

The song went on, and I found myself really listening to the lyrics, as if I was hearing them for the first time.

"Who we are and how we've tried, are we all the same inside? It's now or never to decide," Adam's voice rang clear in my ears as he looked down at me.

Are we all the same inside? No. Some people act a certain way, sure, but there's always going to be that one thing that sets them apart, makes them really different. I glanced back up at the stage to see Adam looking at me intently, as if reading my thoughts. I looked away. The song ended and everyone was on their feet cheering and applauding, yelling and screaming. I was in a daze and stood still. It was Lily who snapped me out of it.

"Hello? You've had this look on your face for the past, like, 5 minutes. You do realize that the Adam of Three Days Grace just dedicated a song to you? How? What did you do? I need details!" she practically screamed in my ear.

"I'll tell you when we get out of here. We still have those backstage passes remember?" I replied.

"Right. Well let's go now!" Lily concluded.

"Now? Don't you want to give them some time to change and stuff?" I asked.

"Hell no! The more sweaty they are, the better!" she replied.

"Ew."

We maneuvered to the door that read "Backstage". It was being guarded by two very burly, intimidating men. I got a little afraid, but Lily just stepped up like she owned the place and flashed her pass.

"My friend and I have passes and we need to speak with the members of the band immediately." she said. In the circumstance, it was quite comical looking at her 5'3" self stand in front of those 6' something men with her hands on her hips demanding to get backstage. I would've laughed if I hadn't been afraid to be drop-kicked by one of the men for breathing wrong.

The two giants glanced at each other, shrugged simultaneously, and opened the door for us. Obviously they didn't think we could do much harm.

I practically ran past the men to get beyond the door and where Lily was. "Where do you suppose we're supposed to go?"

"Beats me. Let's just see what we can find."

We walked around backstage for a while, looking for dressing rooms. I had to pull Lily away from the snack table they had set up and continue in the opposite direction. She was still moping about it.

"It was just a little table!"

"You probably would've grabbed one of everything and stuffed more into your bra and your purse."

"Hey, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do."

"..."

"Hey Katie."

"What?"

"There's a dressing room right there."

"What?!"

Sure enough, I turned and there was the sign on the door, clear as day. I glanced over at Lily, suddenly nervous. She gave me the go-ahead look. I raised my hand and-