New Kid In Town- 19

Chapter 19

2 months later

Life on the road was hectic. Never staying in one place for too long, always performing, always nights in strange beds that didn't feel or smell quite right. I think it's safe to say that I loved and hated it at the same time. The places I had been: Las Vegas, Seattle, Miami, New York. I never thought that I would ever be able to visit any of these places and more. But now, as soon as it started, I was back in my apartment in Greenville.

"It's only for a couple of weeks," Adam said before they left. "We'll be back to get you soon, I promise."

"Yeah, but where are you going?" I asked.

"I don't even know," he said, "and apparently you can't either."

After that he and the rest of the band mates left. It's been a little over a week now, and though I've continued on with my life, they're always in my thoughts.

"Come on Katie, let's go already! Do you want to be late?" Lily yelled at me.

"I told you Lily, I'm not going to the movies with you and your boyfriend and "just another one of his friends" if you're trying to set me up with him." I calmly stated back.

"Oh come on, you can't be sure if Adam is even going to come back to get you! You might as well move on, just in case." She retorted.

"Who does that? Moves on, just in case? No Lily, I'm not going." I fell back onto my couch and sat with my arms crossed.

"I've been working out some, on my strength. I'm pretty sure that I could easily carry you out of here." She carried on.

I closed my eyes and sighed. "I'd like to see you-- ah!"

The couch was gone and I was now dangling over Lily's shoulder. She carried me out of my apartment and down to her car.

After setting me, not very gently, in the passenger seat, she started up the car and we left.

"You know, usually when someone says I'd like to see you try in response to a threat, the person isn't actually supposed to do it." I stated matter-of-factly.

"Well, you wouldn't have come if I didn't try to carry you out of there," she stated in return.

"Fine, I guess you're right." I sighed.

"I'm always right." She said smugly.

I gave her a look. "Don't get cocky. What movie are we going to see anyways?"

"Safe Haven," she muttered sheepishly.

"What."

"..."

"You know I hate love stories!" I exclaimed.

"I know," she mumbled as we turned into the movie theater.

"I won't go see it."

"Well, I already bought the tickets."

"Give them to someone else."

"Hell no!"

"Fine, whatever."

We got out of the car and walked up to where Lily's boyfriend, Austin was waiting with another guy. I have to admit, the guy was cute, but I wasn't giving up on Adam anytime soon.

Lily automatically went over to her boyfriend and hugged him. They went inside the theater, leaving me and the other guy standing outside. He held out his hand and smiled shyly. "Hi, my name's Jake."

I smiled warmly. "Katie."

"That's a nice name. Shall we?" He gestured to the door and held out his hand dramatically.