Faithfully- 6

Chapter Six

"Let me come on tour with you."

The expression on Adam's face was priceless. His mouth parted in shock and his eyes went very wide. He obviously wasn't expecting me to say that. Though who can blame him? I'm sure it's not a question he gets asked on a daily basis. "Um, what?" was all that he managed to say.

"Let me come on tour with you." I enunciated each word.

"Why would you want to do that?" he asked, still dumbfounded.

"Because, ever since I started listening to your band's music, it's just been something I've wanted to do." I replied. It was true. I started listening to their music when I was 12 and I was instantly in love. Ever since then, I had dreamed of going on tour with them. I knew that it probably wouldn't be the most pleasant experience, with four guys plus me on one bus. But it was a risk I was willing to take.

"Um, well, I would probably have to talk to the guys about this. I mean, sure, I'm willing to bring such a fine lady such as yourself on tour but I don't know how the other guys would feel." he said.

"Well then call them, I'm sure they're together right now." I pressed.

"Okay, I'll call right now. Just give me a sec." Adam said, walking away.

--------------------------------------------------

Adam's POV

I walked away from Katie, pulling my phone out of my pocket. I dialed Brad's number and he answered in the middle of the second ring. And boy, did he sound pissed. "Where the hell are you man? We've been waiting for you!"

"I know dude, and I'm sorry. But I have a question to ask you; before you say no, just think about it."

"Okay."

"What do you think of Katie coming on tour with us?"

"Hell no!"

"Come on man, you didn't even think!"

"Yeah, and I didn't say no either. I said hell no!"

"Brad, come on, just think for a second. She's a pretty girl and she's wanted this for a long time. Like seven years, man. Think." I coaxed.

"Seven years? Wow she really is obssessed with us." Brad commented. I smirked into the phone.

"So what do you say?" I asked.

"I still don't know man, I mean, what if she turns out to be just a crazy fan girl?" Brad asked skeptically.

"Now, now, don't talk about my girl that way." I warned.

"Your girl?!" Brad yelled through the phone. I cringed. "What, did you ask her out or something? You just freaking met her Adam! That's ridiculous!"

"I haven't exactly asked her out yet..."

"Good! And don't! Because she can't come!" Brad yelled one final time before hanging up.

I walked back over to Katie, phone in hand. She stood up with an expectant look on her face. I really didn't want to damper her spirits by telling her she couldn't come. I walked up and faced her.

"Well?" she asked hesitantly, sensing my disappointment.

Just as I was about to speak, my phone vibrated in my hand. I opened up the text from Neil that read:

Tell "your girl" that she can come, only if she promises not to tell anyone what she is doing. Except her parents.

-N