Juke Box Hero- 10

Start from the beginning

I nodded my head, mouthing an 'oh' in response. The rest of the group just pulled on a new pair of pants and a shirt, after Adam covered my eyes again, I may add, and used just a bit more deoderant. After everyone was ready to go, we hit the road at 9:56.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I don't want to! Do it yourself!"

For the past four hours it had been non-stop rehearsing, with me running around getting water and sweat towels for everyone in the 90 degree weather. And I was exhausted. Currently I was sitting on an amplifier trying to fan myself while Adam asked for yet another water. I swear that boy has a bladder the size of Texas if he's drinking about a bottle of water every 30 minutes and hasn't gone to pee yet. Though he's probably just used to it. We were all on a break and we had a general radio station on that played a little bit of everything. Suddenly, I heard a familiar tune.

"The vengabus is coming, and everyone's jumpin'..."

"Oh my God! Turn up the freakin' radio!" I screeched. Adam gave a start beside me because I screamed in his ear. Barry reached over and turned up the volume. After listening a little bit to the song, me made a strange face at me. Not many people knew, but my other secret favorite song was "We Like To Party" by the Vengaboys.

"Seriously? You like this? It's so...1998." Brad stated.

When suddenly, a wild Brad popped out of nowhere. "Is that the Vengaboys?"

"Yep." I stated proudly.

"I love this song!" Brad then started singing along. Well, I guess everyone has their secrets. I got up and we both started singing and dancing to the song.

"We like to party. We like, we like to party." Brad and I sang wildly while dancing like maniacs. The other three in the group just watched on with odd expressions on their faces. When the song ended, Brad and I both collapsed beside each other, giggling. When he noticed that he hadn't actually acted hateful towards me for once, Brad got quiet and didn't say anything. I decided it was time to make amends. I held out my hand. "Friends?"

He took it and gave me a small smile. "Friends. I'm sorry I was so hateful."

"It's okay." Though I'd still like to know why.

After that episode, things were easier between Brad and me. Rehearsal went on, and soon, the race had started. We had complimentary seats near the track so we could have easy access to the stage when it was time to perform. At about 40 laps in, just when people were beginning to drift off to the concession stand or get somewhat bored, it was our cue to go up on the stage.

I stayed in my seat where I could have a good view of the stage and the track. This way I could watch my boys and my other boys, the racers.

Once people noticed that there was a live band playing, they started to return to their seats. Unfortunately, when thy started, it was hard to hear much of anything. However, after thir first two songs, Neil reached over the master amp behind him and cranked up the music and the microphone level. After that, you couldn't hear much besides the music. I sat back in my seat and watched the cars go by while also listening to Adam's sultry voice pulverize the mic. At times, I would glance back to him playing on the stage and he would always be looking at me. Each time I would blush and turn away.

All in all, it was a good day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time we got back to the hotel room, we were all sweaty, exhausted, and reeking of gasoline. Especially sweaty and exhausted were the guys, after moving around the state and playing or singing their hearts out. I still had a little adrenaline buzz from the concert though.

"That was great you guys! Whoo! That was awesome. You know what we should do? We should the clubs. Get totally wasted. That would be awesome." I rambled on. However, Adam cut me short.

"How about no? I don't know about you but we are all exhausted and all I want to do is go to bed. Right guys? Guys?" but there was no one there. They were all heading out the door to go to the bar. I smirked over at Adam.

"Shotgun."

"I am not driving." he mumbled as he grabbed the room key and we exited the building.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Whoo! Another chapter! I must love you guys a lot! So yeah... Next chapter will be the bar and the morning after. It's gonna be hot!

Sorry for any spelling mistakes!'

Haha love you guys. And you know the drill!

Vote, comment, enjoy! AND....

KEEP IT REAL BABESS :)