7. With you

"My dear, you couldn't have met Jennie

"My dear, you couldn't have met Jennie.."

"Why not?"

The driver gave her a confused but stern look.

"Because...because she's gone.." The driver said, in a strange tone.

Lisa stared at him, her mouth agape in shock, first not able to make out his words.

"W-Well we don't know if it's the same Jennie. I never got her surname anyway."

The driver shook his head.

"Let me tell you how she died."

He paused for a second, taking a deep breath before continuing.

"Majority of people in this city know aout this tragic incident."

"Jennie was a lovely woman. She was very popular among people because she donated to the charity often and was also quite friendly towards everybody."

"But then one day, on her 19th birthday, she finally went to a bar for the first time along with a couple friends. She didn't have any alcohol but unfortunately her friends got very drunk."

"On the ride home, they got into a terrible accident. The girl who was driving was extremely drunk and didn't swerve on time when a truck cut their path resulting in the car being crushed on the right side by the truck thrice it's size."

"Jennie's friends did suffer serious injuries but she had literally thrown her self in front of her other friend in order to save her from being directly hit by the charging truck but sadly the glass pierced right through her chest."

All three girls winced when they heard this.

The driver heavily sighed, recalling the unpleasant memory

"Even at her last second alive she was concerned about them. She said don't be afraid, help is on the way."

Lisa felt goosebumps rise on her skin when she heard that sentence, or rather...that word. Jisoo's brows were furrowed and Chaeyoung dabbed at her eyes with a handkerchief, emotional from hearing the tragic incident .

"I hate recalling this because I was present at the scene when they called an ambulance."

"You..saw her?"

"Yes. I was driving down the road when I saw a fatal crash along the side of the road. I saw the condition of the car. I saw them place her on the strecher. Her pearl white birthday dress was completely drenched in blood, I couldn't even believe it was white at first judging from its colour then."

Lisa's vision swam.

Pearl White Dress

"She was the last person who deserved to die like that.." the driver trailed off, grimacing as he recollected the scene.

Lisa could feel her eyes pooling with tears as she gazed outside the window  not able to digest what she heard as the scenes from the last couple hours replayed in her mind ,until she heard a famaliar and comforting voice whisper next to her ear, a smooth chill suddenly enveloping her, sending shivers down her spine.

"Don't ever be afraid beautiful..." it said, as she felt a soft touch graze her palm.

"I'm always with you"

The feeling of coldness disappeared as she stared down at her palm.

A single drop of blood rested there and Lisa watched it roll down, bright red, slowly making its way down her forearm.

Lisa isn't alone. She wasn't ever going to be alone again.

Ever. :)

She's not afraid.

THE END