Prologue |You. Are my equal!

Originally made in August 12, 2020

A/n: "Do you guys have any idea how hard it was to re-write this chapter? It took me SO long to do so. Some parts are completely different too, anyways I hope you guys enjoy, don't expect me to write a lot for this fic since I'm in the process of re-writing it"

"Check out the Fate books DiabolicReader19 and SemePrince are making, we're releasing our fate fics at the same time, feel free to check their other stories too."  

================================================================================

(Play the song)

The sound of metal hitting metal reverberated across a desolate field in the night, a field with nothing but dead grass on its surface, the clearing was surrounded by many trees which shielded it from the moonlight. The grass swayed and was blown away violently after every clash between blades. His footsteps, heard as he ran towards the other who stood there. His reddened raven hair looked as if it was being lit in a calm and warm fire yet still held its onyx color. The hair was messy, like the mane of a lion which fluently moved on the wind as he moved through the battlefield dodging several projectiles coming at him. His piercing red eyes which looked nothing short of a ruby shining in the light of the sun, looked at the other man in front of him who was hidden in the shadows of the night, staring down at him. The man looked at him who was hidden by the shadows, his eyes shinning as they darted, analyzing the possible situation, yet not losing their glare as their attention shifted to the many projectiles coming from above. 

He dodged by quickly sidestepping to his right making all the projectiles miss, hitting the ground instead which caused small explosions on the surface of the field, sending grass and dirt in the air with the impact and leaving craters behind. The man wore black cargo pants which at night almost hid the bottom of his body,  similarly he wore a black long-tail coat which went to the middle of his thighs(A/n: "Kiritsugu's jacket"), underneath he wore a royal blue shirt with a silver cross on the neck of the shirt. Hanging from his neck is a jewel but into a pyramid-like shape with a flat end instead of a peak, attached to a silver chain which hung around his neck, the jewel was crimson red which shined in the darkness, mirroring his crimson eyes, and with it, they were the only thing keeping him from being completely hidden in the shadows of the night.

The full moon which was before hidden by clouds revealed itself, illuminating everyone in the field with its light. The man who stood in front of him now basked in the light of the moon was a man with golden blond hair arranged backward, it almost glowed in the night beautifully were it not for his eyes, which although red, were a deeper and darker shade to that of the other man, resembling more fresh blood than rubies. Were it not for his eyes, one would mistake him for a regular human. Eyes that unlike the ones that were staring at his were of a blood-red color which deepened in the light of the moon were not that of a color which could be attained by humans after all. The man before him was clad in golden armor which reflected the moon's rays of light, armor which only heightened the amount of pressure and arrogance the man was exerting. 

"Is this all you've got?" The man in golden armor asked in a mocking tone before crossing his arms and looking at his ruby eyes and continuing "You are such a disappointment. Truly, the power of a mongrel."

"Are you done? King of heroes?" The man with the crimson neckless asked sarcastically before rising his left arm showing a handgun. It didn't look special, in fact, it looked ineffective, it was an old model with a wooden grip and some detailed and beautiful engravings on the barrel and grip.