Arc 1 | Chapter 3 | Mr. Fairy

Akio went around the forest in hopes of not meeting anyone hunting. He didn't need any extra attention at the moment. He jumped from tree to tree trying to find more food. In the distance, not too far away from his last hunt, he found deer fleeing. He drew his bow once again and reinforced his sight. 

Everything seemed to perfectly align when he had a bow in his hand. The string was tough to pull back, he traced a thin sword and twisted it with alteration magecraft. He let go of the string and watched as the deer was nearly instantly hit by the arrow. He quickly went toward the deer.

"Time Alter: Double Accel" He sped himself up to reach the deer as fast as possible. He walked toward the dead deer. It was mostly intact, on its front legs, right on the flap of skin separating the leg from the torso of the animal there was a clean hole. The arrow struck the deer in the heart, killing it practically instantaneously. 

Akio grabbed the deer by the neck and checked the clean circle. The organs he could see from the inside were completely untouched, allowing Akio to use them for materials later on. The heart was completely pierced through, however, making it useless. Not that Akio required the heart in the first place. 

Akio grabbed the deer, turned around, and placed its head on top of his shoulder, that way he could drag it toward his completely destroyed hut. Slowly dragging the deer deeper into the forest. Akio heard rustling coming from the forest nearby and narrowed his eyes. His chest throbbed.

Was it nervousness? That didn't seem to be the case, Akio decided the best course of action would be to move away from whatever was close to his location. He used Time Alter alongside reinforcement magecraft to spring himself forward and move swiftly away. He turned his head and reinforced his eyes.

His sight became clearer and he saw from far. The blob of blond hair jumped from the bushes. It was a girl with emerald green eyes. Her eyes were infinitely brighter than anything Akio had ever seen, they had a glow foreign to Akio. She had a sword on her hip and looked around with enthusiasm. 

Akio stopped running away and jumped up a tree. He observed her from a distance. The first time she turned around he could understand, she probably followed the path of the arrow and tried locating him, but turning around and looking in his direction when he ran off in a different direction from the arrow was not something that should be possible. He narrowed his eyes and stared as a tall man with black hair came from the bushes. 

Akio reinforced his ears and focused on their location.

"Did you find what you were looking for?" The tall man asked, he had a spear in one hand and a crossbow in the other. 

"Sir, I swear I felt something!" The girl looked around with narrowed eyes. Akio felt uneasy as she stopped her gaze in his direction again, surely she hadn't spotted him, he was at least a kilometer away and covered by bushes. Her gaze lingered.

'This girl has insane instincts... what the hell is she? An animal?'  Akio kept his gaze, observing her as they chatted with one another. 

"It was probably nothing." whoever the man was, he wore distinctively colorful clothes for the time, which meant he was most likely part of the nobility or had high status. He carried himself confidently and observed the surrounding area well to be just some common knight. 

"Then why was the deer from before, dead?" The girl argued, and she looked around again.

"A hunter probably shot it dead through the bushes and didn't realize." The man put his hand on the girl's head and patted it. "Let's go, it's gonna get dark soon and it'll probably rain today."

"No way! Something tells me that's not it sir!" She looked straight in Akio's direction.

'She spotted me?' He was on edge, reaching down and tracing two different swords in his hands. The girl ran in the direction of Akio, who immediately grabbed the deer and jumped sideways, away from her. He observed her from afar as she ran in a straight line. He moved away from the tree to tree. 'No, she hasn't... those instincts are crazy.'