chapter 27 - part 2

Start from the beginning

"And then if I hadn't had enough, the Moon Goddess decided to bless me with another dish of betrayal served by my very own Beta and best friend," he shut his eyes once again, his jaw clenched. "I was lost, my world had turned completely upside down and you were the only direction which made sense.

"I told the Alphas that the limit had been crossed. I couldn't take it any longer and that I was ready to tell you everything. Somehow my prayer was answered when you walked in. But guess what," he let out a short, sarcastic laugh, "even that didn't work in my favour because you ran away." His eyes found mine again, this time reflecting the same mischievous sparkle that was always there.

"That was the last straw, and my wolf took over. He had enough of their games. You were alone, somewhere and the threat was still present. We had no source of contact with you, my wolf couldn't feel your presence either. He refused to sleep and searched each and every nook and corner as many times as he possibly could... You had to be some where. The thought of someone taking you away or worse-" I saw his body stiffen, he slowly inhaled and exhaled in an attempt to calm himself.

My eyes fell on the tulips, "You have to understand, I had to leave... I was being lied to my whole life, I had thought you, my mate, rejected me. My own father hid everything from me," I look up towards the serene blue sky, "I needed time to process it all, I just couldn't stay and pretend like everything was fine. Even if it was done to protect me, it wasn't right to make my life's decisions for me. Maybe if they'd have told me, I might have even agreed to go with the plan. But what they did wasn't right."

"I've thought about it for a long time and I don't blame you. If I was in your place, I would've probably gone mad." He tried to lighten the mood.

"I guess you didn't search that well," I smiled at him.

He raised his eyebrows, confused.

"I was staying at the East Pack. Took you quite some time to find me."

"I knew that pup was in on it," he muttered under his breath, "Doesn't matter, even when I did find you, I still failed to get you."

"I decided to leave for the human territory. I needed to breathe in a different atmosphere, where I could have some space to think without having the fear of getting lied to again."

"How did you manage to block the Alpha out?"

I shrugged, "I could always do that since I was a child."

He studied me for a long and hard time. Then picked up once again, "Is there anything else you want to know?"

I paused for a moment to think.

There was still one question gnawing at the back of my head.

Fuvk it. Let's just ask.

"Did you..." I stopped, "Uh... did you..."

"Any second now..." my wolf rolled her eyes.

"Didyoufeelit?" I let it out in one breath.

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "Pardon?"

"No going back now, Viv," my wolf reminded.

"My heat. Did you feel it?"

Something dangerous flashed in his eyes. His gaze hungrily swept over me, devouring, delving, claiming. But then he blinked and was returned back to his normal self.

The corner of his lips lifted up a little, "Of course, I did. My side of the bond is still present because I never rejected you... I never could and never will."