⠀⠀⠀ AETEN II

• MOONS ————— N/A

• MOONS
————— N/A

• GRID COORDINATES
—————  J-6

TERRAIN
————— LAVA RIVERS
————— RED DESERTS
————— VOLCANIC

NATIVE SPECIES
————— NONE

IMMIGRATED SPECIES
————— HUMANS
————— TWI'LEK
————— SULLUSTAN

OFFICIAL LANGUAGE
————— GALACTIC BASIC STANDARD

POPULATION
————— 18,490

MAJOR EXPORTS
————— STYGIUM CRYSTALS
————— MINERALS

• AFFILIATION
————— GALACTIC REPUBLIC
————— RIFT ALLIANCE
————— GALACTIC EMPIRE

AETEN II was a planet located in Wild Space, on the borders of the Outer Rim Territories. The planet was known primarily for its Stygium crystals, which could be used to create cloaking devices or as lightsaber crystals which gave a Jedi increased stealth and dexterity.

THE planet was destroyed in 3 ABY, shortly following the Battle of Hoth, by Imperial Grand Admiral Martio Batch, using the Tarkin superweapon.

AETEN II was later settled by the Galactic Republic, circa 1000 BBY. Eventually, the new inhabitants discovered the vast resources of stygium within the planet and rapidly built mines to extract the valuable mineral.

IN 22 BBY, shortly before the Clone Wars, the Galactic Senate passed a law restricting the export of stygium crystals, although the supply of crystals had utterly came to a halt due to the over-mining of reckless profiteers. Nonetheless, prospectors found new resources to mine.

DURING the Galactic Civil War, after the destruction of the first Death Star, Grand Admiral Martio Batch, wishing to recreate cloaking devices like the one used in the Sith Infiltrator, brought the Tarkin to Aeten II, where the Stygium mines had dried up. The Admiral then used the Tarkin to destroy the planet and used the large supply of previously unreachable crystals to forward the Phantom TIE project.

SOURCE: starwars.fandom.com (wookiepeedia)