⠀⠀⠀ ZIOST

• MOONS ————— 2

• MOONS
————— 2

• GRID COORDINATES
————— R-4

• TERRAIN
————— ARID
————— FROZEN MOUNTAINS

• IMMIGRATED SPECIES
————— SITH
————— HUMANS

• MAJOR CITIES
————— NEW ADASTA (CAPITAL)
————— SITH CITADEL

• AFFILIATION
————— INFINITE EMPIRE
————— ADAS'S SITH EMPIRE
————— OLD SITH EMPIRE
————— REVAN'S SITH EMPIRE
————— VITIATE'S SITH EMPIRE
————— NEW SITH
————— ORDER OF THE SITH LORDS
————— LUMIYA'S SITH

ZIOST sometimes referred to as the "Gateway to the Empire" in the days of the Old Republic, was a world made up of ancient dark forests and barren tundra. However, the trees withered away and the planet became very similar, in landscape, to Korriban. Much of the planet was covered in ice.

NOT only was it a focal point of the dark side, but it was also the adopted homeworld and Imperial capital of the Sith species, who left their original homeworld, Korriban, as a graveyard world after the death of their leader Adas.

EVENTUALLY it became a major Sith buffer world during the days of Vitiate's Sith Empire before being forgotten entirely.

ZIOST remained a key planet within the Empire, but following the Republic's victory, it was abandoned, the remaining Sith following the new emperor into hyperspace. A new Sith capital was established on Dromund Kaas, which left Ziost forgotten. At some point during this era, Ziost had also suffered from an Ice Age that had changed the world's terrain and climate.

THE planet was resettled by the new empire, once again becoming a major Sith holding. The city of New Adasta was established on the surface of the planet by Imperial forces to serve as the world's capital, quickly overshadowing the Sith Citadel, political center of the Old Empire. The city quickly became a major trade hub, leading to the planet's being nicknamed the "Gateway to the Empire."

FOLLOWING the defeat of Revan by combined Republic and Imperial forces on Yavin 4, the resurrected Sith Emperor attacked Ziost in an attempt to regain control of the empire that he once ruled. He took the minds of legions of Imperial forces on the planet and used them to take the lives of many of the planet's citizens to fuel his own power.

ZIOST'S existence was once again forgotten after the Seventh Battle of Ruusan, due to the secrecy of Darth Bane's Sith Order. Many ancient and evil secrets remained on this place of great dark power. In 3 BBY, fugitive Jedi Rahm Kota visited Ziost while on the run from the Galactic Empire. The following year, Galen Marek came to the system during his search for Kota. A year after the Battle of Yavin, after being roused on Yavin 4 by the Rebel Alliance, the mutated Massassi Kalgrath came to Ziost hoping to find his people. He was disappointed, having found only a frozen waste.

LUMIYA visited the planet and created her lightwhip using technology she found on Ziost. Following the Battle of Endor, she apparently trained her apprentices, first Flint and then Carnor Jax, on Ziost or possibly nearby Korriban.

ALMOST a decade later, the Jedi scholar Tionne set out to find Kalgrath. She traced his trail as far as Ziost, but there it disappeared.

AT the time of the Second Galactic Civil War, Jacen Solo (overseen by Lumiya) dispatched Ben Skywalker to the world, supposedly to recover a Sith amulet, but in reality to test him against opponents, to see if he was worthy of becoming a Sith apprentice. After having an epiphany of sorts, Ben accompanied the stranded child Kiara Olvidan across the surface of the planet, led by mysterious voices to an ancient temple. Throughout his journey the young Jedi was attacked by neks and pirates orbiting the planet under the command of Byalfin Dyur. Ben escaped the planet eventually, finding an antiquated but extremely powerful Sith Meditation Sphere in the ruined temple, and took the attack to the pirates.

SOURCE: starwars.fandom.com (wookiepeedia)