⠀⠀⠀ MELIDA / DAAN

• MOONS ————— N/A

• MOONS
————— N/A

• GRID COORDINATES
—————  P-17

• TERRAIN
————— URBAN

• IMMIGRATED SPECIES
————— HUMAN

POPULATION
————— 1 MILLION TO 10 MILLION (c. 25 ABY)

• MAJOR CITIES
————— GARTH
————— QUADRI
————— ZEHAVA (CAPITAL)

• AFFILIATION
————— GALACTIC REPUBLIC

MELIDA / DAAN was a planet in the Outer Rim Territories. For centuries, it was engulfed in a civil war between the Melida and the Daan factions which could not even agree on a name for the planet. The Melida called it MELIDA and the Daan called it DAAN. A group called the Young, led by various children of the Melida and Daan, rose up and ended the civil war in 44 BBY. Obi-Wan Kenobi temporarily left the Jedi Order to aid the Young in their quest, helping to end the war. Parts of the planet were scarred from the war.

MELIDA were a faction of people on the planet of Melida / Daan, governed by the Melida Council, remained at war with the Daan until the Young ended the Melida / Daan Civil War. The Melida saw the Daan as feral beasts and used perceived wrongdoings to continue the centuries-long war.

DAAN were another faction of people on the planet of Melida / Daan. Governed by the Daan Council, they were at war with the Melida.

REMAINED neutral and borderline isolated during the Clone Wars, as some disagreements still took place between the Melida and Daan.

SOURCE: starwars.fandom.com (wookiepeedia)