Chapter 6

Faye POV

"Darling..., "He starts. "NO, no more Darling, Dollface or whatever you can think of! Answer my fucking question. Why did you do it!" I say/yell at him, getting worked up.

He looks at me like I lost my mind, but I see amusement in his eye. He opens his mouth to say something, but then my doorbell rings. I groan in frustration and get up from the couch to open the door.

"Hi Faye," says the guy in front of the door. He is holding an envelope with my name written on it in cursive handwriting.

"Bruce, what are you doing here," I ask him confused, I didn't expect him to be here.

Present

Bruce gets uncomfortable and shuffles a bit in his place.

"I... Uhm... I was wondering if you wanted to go with me to the Wayne foundation ball tomorrow evening, but only if you would like to go." He asks with a blush on his cheeks.

I smile happily at him, "I would love to go with you. Thank you for inviting me." I said with a smile still on my face. He smiles a white toothpaste smile back at me. "Alright, I'll pick you up at seven-thirty." He says, also smiling. I nod, genuinely excited for tomorrow evening.

"I'll see you tomorrow then!" I say and hug Bruce. He hugs me back, gives me the envelope and leaves.

I close the door and look happy at the envelope in my hands "A real ball, I'm going to a real ball! Just like a Disney Princess!" My thoughts run happily.

"So Cinderella gets to go to the ball," Jerome says coldly and slightly annoyed. "You know what happened to her after the clock strikes twelve..."

"Wrong princes," I say and roll my eyes and sit back on the couch. I always found myself in Belle, a bookworm and an outcast just like myself. I look at the envelope Bruce gave me,

"What a beautiful handwriting," I think to myself, wondering who wrote it, Bruce or Alfred.

I open the envelope carefully and pull out a beautifully decorated black card with golden details.

In swirling handwriting stood:

Invitation

Dear Faye,

This card will be your entry ticket to The Wayne Foundation Annual Ball. I hope to accompany you.

Bruce

I smile at the card again, but then the realization sank in, what would I wear!!! Not only that, but I don't have a dress worthy of a ball. I thought to myself.

"I'm going shopping, this isn't over! I just can't handle it right now!" I state angry. I get up from the couch and get my jacket. "Don't wait up. I don't know when I'm going to be back." I say coldly and place a key on the cupboard next to the door " here is the spare key! Lock up when you leave."

And with that, I leave the room and walk to my beloved Red mustang.

After a few hours of dress searching and still haven't found anything, I give in to my hunger and treat myself to some take out. Across the street is a park where I finish my food and watch the people there. There were happy couples in love, loving families and a group of teens kicking a ball. I smile at the scenes before me, thinking of the happy times I had with my now broken family.

Hearing some sounds, I wake up from my daydreaming. I look around confused before realizing that the sounds I heard were coming from my phone. I answer it quickly. "Hello, this is Faye," I say on the phone. "Hello Miss Roberts, this is Alfred speaking, are you able to come to Wayne manor? Bruce has something he wants to give to you." Alfred spoke politely.

"Of course, be there in a few," I answer back. "Very well, Miss Roberts. We will be waiting." And with that, Alfred hangs up the phone. A smile full of excitement creeps on my face, "what could Bruce possibly have for me" I think, confused and get up from the bench I was sitting on.

It was a short walk back to my beautiful Red Mustang. I got in quickly and type Wayne manor in my navigation and start the drive to the Manor.

The drive takes almost thirty minutes, but I didn't mind because I put on my favourite podcast Potterless. It is a podcast where a twenty-four-year-old guy starts to read Harry Potter for the first time and is very sceptical about it, that's what I love about it. When he starts to explain what annoyed him about Dobby in The Chamber of Secrets, where his co-host agreed with him, I softly laugh. "You are going to get into a love-hate relationship with him".  I say to my car radio, annoyed, wiping a fake tear from my eye at the thought of Dobby.

I park my car in front of the Grand Manor and walk up the stairs to the double front doors. I ring the bell and wait for Alfred to answer.

"Ah, Miss Roberts, come in," Alfred says politely. I nod and follow him through the different halls until we arrive at the study.

Bruce sat in one of the big comfy leather couches. He's reading a book and looks very into it. When he noticed Alfred and me entering the room, he looked up and smiled at me. I smile back, "Hi, Bruce." I say to him. He pats on the couch next to him. I sat down quickly. We sat there a few moments in silence before Alfred entered the room with tea. I hadn't even noticed he had left the room.

"Here you go, Master Bruce, Miss Roberts," he says and leaves the room again. I turn to Bruce "you wanted to see me" I say/ask him. He nods and pours some tea in the cups, "yes, that is right, I got you something." He responds. At that moment, Alfred enters the room again, this time with a black garment bag and gives it to me. I look at both of them confused, not piecing one and two together.

"I got you a dress," Bruce says proudly. My mouth falls open. I try to say something, close my mouth, open it again, the only thing coming out is "why?" I look confused at Bruce. He smirks at me, "Because you are my date, and I want you to look Pretty." he says Cockily.

Looking at him, I roll my eyes. "I am perfectly capable to pick my clothes, and look good wearing them," I say as a matter of fact. He laughs wholeheartedly, "I know, Sweetheart", and he winks. At this show of cockiness, I could do nothing but laugh. "You know I can see through your tough act," I say to him with a wink. "You were a stuttering mess this morning".

At this, he grinned, "How would you know that wasn't the act and the toughness is the real me.".

I look him up and down, "well, time will tell." I say matter of factly, grinning back at him.

He points at the dress bag, "well? Go try it on!" He eagerly says. I nod and look at him with a stern look. He throws his hands offended in the air "yeah yeah, I'll turn around and won't look." He says while rolling his eyes and mutters, "as it's anything I haven't seen before, " and turns around.

I blush at the memory of the morning we met, or at least when I met him, not intoxicated. One last time I glance at Bruce to see if he isn't looking, pulling my shirt over my head. And pulling my pants down.

What I didn't know/see at that moment was that a little to the right stood a beautiful gilded mirror in a windowsill and that Bruce could see everything. And what I also didn't see was how his eyes turned a darker shade, by how turned on he was by the beautiful girl in his study.