I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- The Haunted Cafeteria.

JARED POV

I swear these past couple of days have been like a cross between CSI and ghost whisperer. I had a ghost who only I could see asking me to solve her murder, and now I'm playing some sort of undercover cop when I go around Carmen’s later to see if she did in fact kill Leah.

Well, at least it hasn’t been boring; I suppose that’s an upside.

I didn’t see Leah again until Lunch. I walked to the cafeteria with Max, talking about random things and hearing him whine about how Eve has been quiet all day.

Maybe it had something to do with what happened in health?

Max’s theory however is that she was sleeping with some guy and felt guilty about telling him.

“Why would she feel guilty, I thought nothing was going on between you two?” I smirked. We were queuing to get some food; we both grabbed some pizza and chips.

“Nothing is going on between us!” he replied defensively. He was blatantly lying.

“Really? Cos it sounds to me like your jealous Max my boy” I teased. He flipped me off.

We walked back over to our usual table and sat down. Seth, Tyler and Eve were already there. I could see what Max meant, normally Eve would be talking so much I wanted to jab the girl, but she seemed quiet, like something was on her mind. She did look at me suspiciously though when I sat down.

I sat in my usual seat on the table, with Eve next to me. Max slid himself next to her. What a shocker there. He greeted her by throwing a chip at her face.

“HEY!” she exclaimed.

“Oh my god Eve, someone just threw a chip at you!” he squealed in fake shock.  I could tell that Max was trying to cheer her up, and somehow I think it was working. She playfully hit him, but in Eve’s case, playful is grabbling a slice of pizza off her plate and slapping him around the face with it. I burst out laughing.

“Talk about being bitch slapped.” I said in-between laughs.

Max glared at me, then a small smirk crept on his face. “So Jared, you still having problems poo-ing?”

I stopped laughing and met his glare with one of my own. Everyone around the table laughed.

“Have I missed something?” Tyler chuckled.

“Oh at your party the other night, Jared was held up in your bathroom trying to get a ‘demon’ out” Max smirked, air quoting demon. I couldn’t even defend myself because then I would have had to explain that I was really talking to a ghost. I’d rather people think I was constipated. So I played along.

“Yep, when I finally managed to get it out it was like an exorcism” I joked.

Everyone let out a laugh, and I almost jumped out of my skin as I saw Leah suddenly filling the empty seat next to Seth. I spotted Eve look that direction for a while, then turning back. She definitely couldn’t see Leah.