Arc 1.17 Xin Ye

Arc 1.17 Xin Ye

Bang!

Bang! Bang!

Bang!

Heavy sounds of gunshots rang aloud the outside world where Xin Ye was kept hidden by Chen Li.

In a small room, Xin Ye was conveniently being tied up and guarded by two armed guards.

[Host, you can do it! Go! Go! Go! Host, you can do it!!]

The System cheered while encouraging its Host to cut the ropes binding him quickly. If Xin Ye could only see its appearance right now, he would definitely bash its System.

Holding pom poms in both 'figurative' hands, the System cheered for Xin Ye.

"......."

Xin Ye's mouth twitched hearing his System's grating voice. 

Not having time to scold his System, Xin Ye focus his whole attention on cutting the ropes with the Knife that he bought from the System Store.

[Rusty Knife For 30 System Points!]

[Cut By Cut. Little By Little. Anything Could Be Cut By This Conventional Old Rusty Knife!]

'Fuck! This is really a scam! The h*ck is a Rusty Knife worth 30 SP for! Cut by cut and little by little? Your grandma!!'

Xin Ye's face continues to darken as he tried his best to cut the ropes tying his hands without being noticed by the armed guards.

Bang! Bang!

Bang!

"What do you think is happening outside right now?" Guard 1 asked the other.

"Hmp! Boss had probably defeated that little f*ck*r! The boss is great! Once he finished that person then Boss would be the King of the underworld, no one could rival him anymore!"

Bang! Bang! Bang!

"You're right!"

Listening to the two guards, Xin Ye sneered.

'Defeat Ah Li? Are you all dreaming? No one could defeat him, not even in your dreams!!'

[Host, why are you so affected? It's not like they are asking Host for Host's opinion?]

'Shut up, Xiao Xiao! Can't I defend my man, er, my person? No! My people!' Xin Ye coughed.

[Host, what is Zhao Liang really? Xiao Xiao is confused. Is he your Man? Person? Or your People?] The System asked in an innocent voice.

'Xiao Xiao, are you playing words with me? You know what I mean!' Xin Ye roared in his mind ashamed of being pointed out with his mistake.

[Of course, Xiao Xiao knows Host. Host, why so defensive?]

"....I'm not." Xin Ye pouted.

Snap!

"Got it." Xin Ye excitedly whispered when he felt the ropes loosened.

[Yehey! Host, finally!]

Bang! Bang!

Bang!

Bang! Bang!

Plop!

At a drop of a hat, when the rope dropped, Xin Ye quickly went behind Guard 1 and knock him behind his head with the chair.

"Ahhh!" Guard 1 yelled before he fainted.

"What the--!"

Before Guard 2 could react, Xin Ye, using the leftover chair if we could still say that it's a chair because of its deformed appearance quickly knock Guard 2 using it.

"AH!" Guard 2 yelped and fainted.

[Host, that was....] The System gaped seeing its Host knock over two men twice his size.

"Hah! That scared me!" Xin Ye pats his chest.

[Scared? If you're scared then no one is brave enough anymore!] The System thought.

"Alright. Let's get out of here."

Bang!

Bang! Bang!

Bang! Bang! Bang!

"Ah Li, wait for me."

Running as quickly as he could, Xin Ye ran into that maze-like building huffing.

He ran as fast as he can not daring to rest. 

Xin Ye wanted to get out there as fast as he can and come to Zhao Liang's side as soon as possible.

Bang! Bang!

"Zhao Liang, give up already!" A familiar voice shouted.

Bang!

"Chen Li, dream on! Give me back Xin Ye and I'll give you a swift death!"

"A'Li." Xin Ye's heart jumped upon hearing that familiar voice.

[Host, Host partner is so sweet!]

'The fuck! What part is he sweet?'

Xin Ye's face darkened but his lips were tugged into a small smile.

"Do you think I'm dumb? Why should I give up my hostage? I kidnapped him so I could kill you in front of him not gift him to congratulate you on being enthroned as the King of the Underworld!" Chen Li scoffed.

Bang! Bang!

"Chen Li, I'll give you one last time. Give me Xin Ye and I'll give you a complete corpse or else don't blame me for being merciless!"

Bang!

With one shot, Zhao Liang successfully injured Chen Li in his shoulder.

"Ah! Fuck!" Chen Li cursed hiding more deeply behind an abandoned car.

He did not expect that with one careless mistake, Zhao Liang would injure him. He underestimated the King!

Bang! Bang!

Bang! Bang! Bang!

"Chen Li, give up. You won't be able to escape anyway! Give me Xin Ye!" Zhao Liang shouted while ushering his people to circle Chen Li.

After so long of shooting and chasing, Chen Li's people were down to three from twenty people.

The three people included Chen Li and the two men on each of his side.

Seeing that he had been surrounded and lost all of his men except the two beside him, Chen Li panicked a little.

Bang!

With a bang, Chen Li's heart also shook. One of the men on his side drop on the ground when the sound of the gun fell.

Now, he is only left with one person by his side.

"Zhao Liang, don't forget, that brat is still in my hands!" Chen Li quickly yelled.

Zhao Liang quickly stop when Chen Li warned him about Xin Ye. He also gestured for his own men to stop.

"Haha! Zhao Liang, if I die here today, I'll drag your precious brat together with me to hell! You don't want that do you?"

Chen Li smirked when he saw Zhao Liang's face darken from where he was hiding.

"Chen Li, if your people touch even a single strand of his hair, you won't even have the chance to go to hell together with your people!"

Listening to Zhao Liang's threatening words, Chen Li snickered.

"If I don't go to hell, who will? You?"