Chapter twelve: unfamiliar

Magsimula sa umpisa

After I was done I just sat on the bed and stared at the wall with empty eyes until someone unlocked the door. "Perrie wants to see you now.", Jesy said and I sighed before I stood up and grabbed my bag. "I will put it inside the car.", Jesy said and put my bag around her shoulder before she lead me into the big hall. Perrie was sitting at a large table with a bottle of wine in her hands.

"I want to have a toast before we go on our first trip together.", she said and I raised my eyebrow. "Don't you have to drive?", I asked and she chuckled. "I have a driver. He will drive us there and he will pick us up when I tell him to. Don't worry.", she said while she pointed at a chair as a sign for me to sit down beside her.

"I don't even like wine.", I said while she handed me the glass. "Just try it. It's sweeter than other ones.", she insisted and I really didn't want to drink alcohol infront of her. "I assure you that I don't like any kind of wine.", I said and she rolled her eyes. "Everyone likes wine, they just have to find the right one for them. Take at least one sip.", she said and I noticed that she started to get impatient.

"Perrie I...", I wanted to say but she interrupted me. "Just take one sip of the damn wine!", she suddenly yelled and I flinched before I took the glass in my shaky hands and drank a little from the wine. One sip wouldn't hurt... "And?", she asked while I placed the glass back on the table. "It's truly sweet...", I said and I noticed that I suddenly got very tired. I could barely keep my eyes open while I helplessly stared at Perrie.

"What did you?", I asked while I fell on the ground. "Just some sleeping pills. They won't do any harm. You will just sleep. I can't have you knowing the way to the place we will be going to.", she said while she picked me up and carried me to the garage, where her driver was waiting. "Sweet dreams to you Jade.", she whispered before she kissed my forehead. That was the last thing I heard before everything turned black around me.

The sun was hurting my eyes when I finally opened them and I noticed that I was in a large white bed. I quickly stood up and looked out of the window only to see that there was only forest around the house. This house was nothing like the awful place, Perrie's gang was hanging out at. It actually seemed very friendly and it also was very modern. I opened the door to the room and it luckily wasn't locked.

I carefully walked down the stairs only the see the beautiful living room with a huge oven. "Awake already?", Perrie suddenly asked and I quickly turn around to see her in the kitchen. I slowly walked towards her and sat down on a chair. "Where are we?", I asked and I noticed that she tried to cook something. "Far away from everything. No one else is here. We are all alone.", she said and smiled while I gulped.

"I apologize for my cooking. I usually don't do that but I tried to make some eggs and bacon for our breakfast.", she said and placed the plate with the food infront of me before she placed her own plate across from me. "What do you want to drink?", she asked and her trying to have a normal life with me really made me sick... Mainly because I could see that it was all an act. "Orange juice.", I simply replied and she nodded before she gave me a glass and filled it with orange juice before she started to make a coffee for her.

"And this time there are no sleeping pills in my drink?", I asked and she sighed. "I had to do it. I can't risk you knowing where we are.", she said. "You always do things because you simply had to. No matter what.", I said and she took a sip of her black coffee. "Jade, I know you don't understand my way of living but I do have a high responsibility. I'm the leader of a gang and when I fuck up then I risk the life of all of my gang members. I have to always make sure that my gang is safe and that's why I have to do such violent measures.", she explained and I looked down.

She had a point. All of her gang members relied on her. If she made a mistake, then the whole gang would suffer. I also knew that us being here was also protecting her gang since my mother would probably kill everyone of them, if she found out Perrie had taken me based on what I heard about her. I never knew that side of my mother but the way Perrie talked about her couldn't just be an act.