𝐯𝐢. out of luck

𝕺𝖜𝖓 𝖂𝖔𝖗𝖘𝖙 𝕰𝖓𝖊𝖒𝖞

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

𝕺𝖜𝖓 𝖂𝖔𝖗𝖘𝖙 𝕰𝖓𝖊𝖒𝖞

- CHAPTER SIX -
OUT OF LUCK

"OKAY, HOW DO we get out of this place?" Joel asked as he wandered around the garage. Like every other place they's been in, it lacked light so their flashlights were a must.

"Let's find out." Kathy replied, "There's gotta be a door somewhere."

"So Marlene thinks you're immune?" Tess questioned the youngest Williams.

"That's what she believes."

"Well how were you bitten?" Tess pressed on, "I mean you must've been somewhere you shouldn't to find infected in the zone."

"Yeah...I was in this military boarding school." Ellie revealed reluctantly and Kathy nodded for her to continue. "Kathy was one of the teachers, so we had better living conditions than most of the kids there."

"You'd sneak out?"

"You know, explore the city. Kathy would come with me most times, but she was busy so I went without her. I was in the mall when I ran into infected." Ellie explained further, leaving out Riley from the story. They didn't need to know about her.

"That place is completely off-limits. How the hell did you get in there?"

"I...had my ways." The auburn teen said vaguely, "Anyways, one of those - what you guys called runners bit me and that was that."

"I see."

"Were you with Marlene when you were bitten?"

"No. I went home and told Kathy. She took me to Marlene for help afterwards."

"Knowing her, I'm surprised she didn't shoot you." Tess commented in surprise.

"She almost did." Kathy cut in as she checked how many bullets she had in her gun beside them. "Had to tie her up while we explained what happened."

Tess smiled at that. She liked Kathy a lot, she seemed like a great gal and the perfect person to watch someone's back. She was a great leader too, probably something to do with being a teacher in a military school. You'd have to be tough to deal with obnoxious soldiers and kids everyday.

"I hope she's okay." Ellie voiced, thinking of Marlene and her injury.

Tess smiled at the girl, "I told you, she's gonna be fine."

"Tess, this way. There's a door over here." Joel waved them over to a wooden door that was beginning to splinter and decay. It opened up into a room full of old artifacts and paintings. They were in a museum.

Joel and Tess walked up the ramp made out of the caved in ceiling that took them to the second floor. The sound of smashing and Ellie swearing caused them to stop and look back. She'd smashed a vase, probably one that was over 100 years old, something that would have been considered priceless many years ago, but was now worthless junk.