Fourteen

chapter fourteen.
i love you!

༄‧̍̊˙· 𓆝.° 。˚𓆛˚。 °.𓆞 ·˙‧̍̊༄

Popi turned and rushed back in the van when she felt Ferris place his hand on her shoulder. She huddled herself in the back seat and watched as the rest of them got back in the car. The girl was beating herself up about not stepping in to do anything for JJ or to take his side and everyone could see it.

They all went back to  The Wreck and sat in silence. Popi sat with her chair scooted furthest away, her head was resting on her knees that her arms were hugging.  Ferris stood with Pope, his back leaning against the screen. He was watching his best friend with empathy, knowing there was nothing she could do to make the stress go away.

"He'll come around eventually," John B sounded like he was reassuring himself more than anyone else. "He's doing a JJ thing,"

"You think he'll go home?" Kiara glanced up at the group and lowered her eyes when she saw Popi tense up.

"There's about a zero percent chance that JJ goes home," Pope muttered, looking over to his twin.

John B looked over at Sarah and asked, "Are you okay?"

The blonde teen nods back with a small smile. "Yeah. Are you?"

"I mean, I'm in one piece, so,"

"Okay, it's too dangerous to pawn this thing off piecemeal," Pope was trying to come up with a strategy for selling the gold and getting Popi's attention off of JJ.

"So our best bet is to go down there and get the rest of it," Ferris finished Popes thought, watching Popi fiddle with the bracelets on her wrist. He wanted so badly to walk over and hold her but knew he wasn't the person she needed.

"Bring it all up at once. Put it in-in a safe or vault or something," Pope went on as if Ferris finishing his thought was second nature."I don't know. Just until we can find someone who won't rip us off. I can go figure it out tonight, get it done, and we can be out there tomorrow morning."

"Alright, let's do it," John B was down with the idea, it seemed simple enough.

"We can't," Popi spoke up loudly from where she was glaring at her hands. "We have to wait for JJ,"

"There's no time," JB shook his head, not knowing when JJ would show his head around the group again. "You know how he gets, Pop,"

"Yes, I do," Popi snapped at him. "But you guys all act like it's just him and I. He's your family too, John B. We promised that we were going to find this gold together, as Pogues. What happened to never leaving a pogue behind?"

She made eye contact with everyone in the room but they all looked down, knowing the girl was right. They had just dismissed all thoughts of JJ like he was some little kid that was throwing a tantrum.