Sixteen

chapter sixteen.
Love is Love

༄‧̍̊˙· 𓆝.° 。˚𓆛˚。 °.𓆞 ·˙‧̍̊༄

The five Pogues found themselves in a junkyard not far from the private airstrip. They didn't stay long enough to see what had happened after John B got the plane to stop but from the noise of one taking off, it didn't seem like he made much of a difference.

"There goes the gold," JJ's hands clenched at his side as the group all watched the plane fly over their heads. He grumbled a 'shit' before sending his foot through the already broken chair.

Popi stood beside Kiara, mumbling under her breath about how rich people only want more of what they have. All the sacrifices they had made this week were nothing as the plane made its way to an unknown destination to be put into Ward Cameron's bank account.

Pope felt the same way as his twin, except a lot worse. He had just given up the biggest scholarship for the chance of getting the gold. There was no way now that he would get to go to college or even get off the Banks.

He picked up the closest object to him and threw it as far as he could.

"Fuck!"

The group jumped at the loud sound of the object hitting the wall and the unusual exclamation from the normally quiet boy. JJ had instinctively grabbed Popi's arm and pulled her away from the noise. Unplanned loud noise brought out the flight or fight reflex in the boy and if he was going to run, Popi was coming with him.

"Pope!" Ferris yelled out in shock. It was completely out of character of the boy but it grew worse as he picked up at bat and started to hammer everything around him.

Every hit brought out a different curse word. It was nerve-wracking to watch him take his anger and frustration and sadness out on anything he could swing that bat on.

Popi held tightly onto JJ as he flinched at each noise. She and Ferris exchanged disheartened looks towards each other, knowing that there was nothing they could do that would make any of this go away.

When was hyperventilating by the time he let the bat fall from his hands. Ferris surged forward and caught him before he went crashing into the unpadded couch. Pope's chest was sputtering as he tried to keep in all the emotions he was feeling at that moment.

"Yeah, dude," JJ commented after watching Ferris condole the boy. "I was wondering when this was going to happen,"

Kie stood with Popi, both of their hands locked tightly together. They watched with furrowed eyebrows as JJ walked over to Pope and handed him his vape.

"A little weed never hurt anyone,"

"JJ," Kie was the one who spoke about the insensitive nature of the offer.