Thirteen

chapter thirteen.
nothing to say?

‧̍̊˙· 𓆝.° 。˚𓆛˚。 °.𓆞 ·˙‧̍̊༄

That night had been filled with lots of laughter and racing hearts as the group celebrated over a bonfire at the chátaeu. The group had been able to find all the helpings of smores' and passed around what was left of Big John's good wine that JJ had found stored away in his office.

The fire illuminated the laughter lines that were being drawn on all of their faces. There was no stopping the wild stories of embarrassment being told by JJ to Sarah about her beloved John B. The girl, tipsy enough to have to hold onto the log, was hanging on to every word that the blond was being very animated about. She had laughed so hard, that Kiara had to keep her from falling forward into the fire, causing the group to erupt into howls of laughter.

Popi, being held by JJ, was having her own conversation with Ferris and Pope. The two of them were sitting next to each other, both designated drivers if it came to it and listened to the girl tell her story. She was giving Ferris all the dirt and drama that has gone down between them and the Kooks, how glad she is that she was able to get him to join the light side.

But while John B had taken back the attention of Sarah, JJ turned to his girlfriend. He could see the alcohol settle in the blush on her cheeks and grab the attention of the two guys she was animatedly talking to. His favorite thing was hearing the way her voice would get caught up when she got too excited. She would have to pause, squeeze his hand, take a deep breath, and continue.

Pope noticed the way his friend was looking at his twin and pulled Ferris and Kiara into a new conversation, letting the couple have their moment.

Popi sat confused at why her brother interrupted and went to tell JJ. As she turned to meet the boy's eyes, Popi was pulled into the sea of love that he held in his eye when he was looking at her. His eyes storm cloud eyes had opened up to show her how much she was the sun on a clear day.

JJ smiled when her attention turned to him. The alcohol in his cup swirling slightly as it was sat in front of him.

"Hi," Popi smiled and leaned her forehead onto his.

"Hey, flower," JJ whispered back, bringing his hand up to rest it on her cheek.

"We did it," Her glasses brushed his nose as they rose when she talked. "We really fond the gold of the royal merchant. We can get out of here, start over somewhere else, go to college, get you away from you dad,"

Popi went to go on until JJ ran his thumb over her bottom lip to quiet her down. "Sh, sh, we don't need to worry about that right now,"

"What if we went away..." The two had always laid in bed and played this game with each other.