Three

chapter three.
grown-up words 

 grown-up words 

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

༄‧̍̊˙· 𓆝.° 。˚𓆛˚。 °.𓆞 ·˙‧̍̊༄

The group split up once they get back to the shore.

Kiara offers to take Popi back to her house to pick up the girl's last pair of glasses, since hers are in poor condition from falling off the boat. While the boys are attempting to tell the coast guard about the sunken Grady-White.

John B hesitantly gave Kiara the keys to the HMS Pogue with very specific instructions on how to get to the Heywards before letting them go. The three boys watch, warily, as the blind girl and her eco-freak friend speed off in the boat.

"This is a bad idea," Pope mutters, hand resting on the back of his head. John B nods in agreement, especially after watching Kie almost take off the engine in a turn.

"They'll be fine," JJ tries to wave off his worry, the sweat that was building on his palms told otherwise. "Kiara just needs to get them there and then Popi will probably drive back. She's a good driver."

All three pogues nod at the statement. That settled them down enough to make their way to the long line of angry islanders.

In the boat, Kiara and Popi have turned on the small battery-powered CD player they knew John kept in the boat. Over the low hum of Florida Georgia Line, Kiara starts making small talk with her best friend.

"You and JJ are finally going strong," Kie notes with a smile, although Popi can only make out the blurry outline of her shape. "You don't understand how happy we all are to see it happen."

Popi couldn't help the shade her cheeks turned when they pulled up in a smile. "It's nothing new. I just think he and I started to realize that this isn't a normal summer fling."

Kiara hums before shouting an apology to the women whose dock she grazed lightly. "Are your feelings heading towards love?"

It takes Popi a few seconds to comprehend the girl's question. The question stumps her. She understands Kie also cares about JJ like a brother and wants to make sure they both aren't going to get hurt any time.

Secretly, Popi loves the fact that Kiara is comfortable enough around her to ask. The two girls had met through an introduction from John B and were expected to immediately get along. Of course, that didn't happen right away. It wasn't until John B locked them in a room together, the girls found they had more in common than they thought.

"Love is such a grown-up word," The sixteen-year-old muses. "At this point, I want to spend the rest of my life with him. I can't imagine how I would live without him. Seriously, when I think about college and moving away, I can't help having him show up in those thoughts."

1. 𝑻𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒂𝒈𝒆𝒓 | 𝑱𝑱 𝑴𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒂𝒏𝒌जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें