I turned to Mina and we both uncontrollably started spitting out laughs. "I think Jungkook's scared for life," she whispered to me laughing.

Her laugh made the room glow and my heart began to race at the way her cheeks curved along with her eyes and the light patterns from the window fell on her face.

"Do you want to meet your mom?"

"What?" she flinched and moved her head away from me.

"If you had the chance would you?" I asked. She seemed startled at my words but then her eyes drifted from looking at me down to the floor.

"I don't know," she whispered, "cause what if she really is a monster? But what if she isn't."

I saw that her hands were curled up into fists gripping the fabric of her skirt. My hands traveled down to hers and tried to sprawl them open. "But you've been beating yourself up about this for days, even weeks."

She sighed and leaned her forehead on my chest. I engulfed her into a hug and fit her head near my neck, "What if we go find her?"

"Are you insane?!" she said pulling her away from my arms, "My dad would kill me."

"But he's gonna be on a trip. You could just say you were going to the beach with friends," I reasoned back to her and shrugged my shoulders.

"I mean," she breathed out and scratched the top of her head, "I don't know Yoongi. I kinda want to go but what if this just ends up being a mess? Us going to venture out and find a woman I have no memories of and surprise her saying 'Hey! I'm your daughter. Surprise!' sounds messy."

"But what if it doesn't turn out to be a mess? You haven't been yourself recently and it's killing me inside. I want you to be happy and have closure. It may not be a happy filled one but you don't know until you try," I lightly grabbed her shoulders and pulled her down so I could kiss her on her head. She looked back up with puppy eyes before speaking a little louder, "Okay I guess. Only if you're there by my side."

"Always," I laid another soft kiss on the top of her head, "We'll leave Sunday," I said assuringly. I felt my face become gripped by her small hands as she smacked her lips on mine. "Thank you Yoongi. I love you so much," she said pulling back, "I gotta go. I've got to go to see my dad off. I'll see ya." She ran out of the room, her hair flying like a cape.

I felt warm at the thought that she would stop beating herself up about her mom. She wanted this but she was just scared and I wanted her to be as happy as possible. But a part of me felt lost thinking this might be the way I lose her and I'm the one who did it.

If her mom took her away from me would her mom become a monster to me but a home to Mina?

If she turned out to be the monster her dad said she was, Mina would be crushed while I would be secretly satisfied that she wouldn't leave my side.

That'd be just cruel.

I couldn't think like that. Mina's happiness is so much more important than my urge to cling to her. If I did lose her to her mom, at least I didn't become a selfish monster myself but I would become the one crushed.

This wasn't my decision. It's hers.

***

Mina's POV

"Appa, don't forget the snacks I packed you," I said running to the door. He was halfway out before turning to me to reveal the grin he had on his face.

"Thank you, Mina," he grabbed the bag from my hand and pulled me into a hug. It was warm and on the tighter side but it was genuine. "I'll miss you my Mina."