𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟐𝟐

Start from the beginning

Master Secura spoke softly, "I think I sense General Grievous inside the main bridge." 

Astrid's eyes widened. 

General Grievous was the Separatist's top general, controlling and maneuvering the Separatist droid armies with the help of former Jedi, Count Dooku, who had left the Jedi Order (apparently, Count Dooku had been Qui Gon Jinn's Jedi master). 

She had never seen General Grievous in person but she'd heard from other Jedi and clone troopers that he was more machine than human. General Grievous was known for his ruthlessness and cybernetic enhancements, and Astrid had even heard that he had been trained in lightsaber combat by Count Dooku. 

Lovely, right? 

"Well, we have to go in there. We don't a choice. If we don't enter the main bridge to take control of the ship, then Grievous will take this battleship straight to Naboo and wreck havoc on the planet," Astrid replied quietly. 

Master Secura nodded, lips pursed in displeasure, and she said with a small hint of sharpness to her voice, "I know. I just thought it best to warn you." She paused before adding, "If it looks as if we are going to lose the fight against the general, I want you to escape the battleship and send for help."

"I won't leave you," Astrid retorted firmly, crossing her arms. 

Master Secura gave her a firm look. "You must, Astrid. Do not let your attachment get in the way of your duty to the Republic." 

They stared each other down until Astrid finally looked away in guilt and reluctant agreement. Master Secura was right. She would have to leave her master to Grievous to get help for the Republic's sake. 

"Fine," she mumbled. 

Master Secura only nodded, a small smile playing at her lips. "Good. Now, let's go meet this infamous General Grievous."  

The two of them stepped towards the door together, and it slid open before them, revealing the main bridge and the viewport before them. Below on either side of the main bridge were the battleship's controls, operated by the tacticians and technicians stationed at each control. 

But what caught Astrid's attention the most was the eight foot cyborg standing with his back to them upon the command deck. A slightly tattered black cape tumbled down from Grievous's shoulders to his feet, and from where Astrid was standing, he looked as if he was hunched over. 

He gave a hacking cough before he turned around and, catching sight of the two of them, exclaimed, "Ah, two Jedi visitors!" 

Astrid flinched when she saw the rest of the general's body. His cyborg body was made up entirely of off-white, hard exoskeleton, and his exoskeleton face was shaped like a skull. The only apparent organic material left of the general was the pair of yellow eyes rimmed with red skin on his cyborg face. 

His eyes gleamed with hatred as he studied the two Jedi. "Perfect. I can add your lightsabers to my collection," he growled, his voice both mechanical and human at the same time. 

Suddenly, six arms sprung out from somewhere within Grievous's upper body, and within the grip of each of his six hands was a lightsaber hilt from a fallen Jedi. 

Several fallen Jedi.

He ignited all six lightsabers at once, showcasing the green and blue colored lightsabers he had acquired over the years. Astrid felt a flicker of sadness at the sight before resolved hardened within her. She would avenge those Jedi's deaths by defeating the general who had killed them. 

Astrid ignited her blue lightsaber at her side before angling it up in front of her body in ready position. Master Secura did the same beside her.