"You need to work out your arms more." Ten said, shaking his head before fixing Minjee's position. "Do more push ups and chin ups."

"But those are hard." Minjee whined, making Chenle and Naeun. Ten quickly turned to Naeun.

"You don't get to laugh, your arms are in bad shape as well." Ten said, eyeing the faerie. Chenle watched as the smile was wiped off of Naeun's face, the faerie taking a deep gulp.

Ten made his way to the other side of the range, where Jisung and Jimin were shooting. The two of them had been constantly in the training area since they didn't have exams, making big improvements. He observed their groupings on the target.

"Not bad." Ten said to the two. Jisung and Jimin exchanged smiles, both knowing that Ten was hard to impress. Ten returned to the centre clapping his hands together.

"Alright folks, that's all for today. Fire a blank and turn the safety back on before returning the rifles." Ten announced. The agents followed the instructions carefully before making their way to the locker rooms.

...

Rena shifted in her seat beside Jaemin as they waited for the rest of the board members to attend. Beside her sat Naeun and Chenle, the two representatives of the freshmen class. Rena remembered sitting in their seats last year with Jaemin.

"It's the last board meeting before the end of the semester." Jaemin pointed out. Rena nodded. If the class representatives couldn't keep their marks up or if their collegues surpassed them, this might be their last board meeting.

"Have you been studying?" Rena asked him. She noticed Jaemin tense, staring at the screen in front of him instead of answering her. "You haven't, have you?"

"I've been busy training with Jeno. Don't worry, I'll keep my spot here." Jaemin said, but Rena noticed a hint of uncertainty in his voice. Before Rena could reply, the agency leaders walked in, signalling the start of their meeting.

...

"Help." Haechan said, walking into the room without knocking, a habit of his. Renjun rolled his eyes before putting his pen down.

"The least you could do it knock." Renjun said, turning around to face his friend, who was already getting comfortable as he sat on his bed. Haechan passed him his notebook, pointing to the question he had circled in red.

"I don't understand this question." Haechan told him. Renjun took the notebook in his hands, eyebrows furrowing as he looked at the problem.

"To be honest, I haven't gotten this far." Renjun confessed. Haechan raised an eyebrow, surprised.

"Huang Renjun hasn't finished all the questions three days before exams? That's a first." Haechan said, making Renjun let out a deep sigh.

"This solo mission will be the death of me." Renjun said, rubbing his head. Haechan gave him a small smile, being able to relate.

"Yeah, I don't know how long I can fake supporting my brother." Haechan admitted. Renjun turned to face the male.

"Was your brother always terrible?" Renjun asked. Haechan thought for a moment, trying to recall a time when he didn't hate Dongwook.

"To me? Always. But there was this one person..." Haechan's voice trailed off. Renjun's eyes lit up as he got up, taking a seat beside Haechan.

"Tell me about it." Renjun said, interested. Haechan gave him a smirk before leaning back.

...

A tiny Donghyuck giggled as he ran, his hands brushing the soft clouds of the Phoenix Kingdom, located high in the sky amongst the clouds. He was so happy, he didn't notice the older boy standing in front of him, and ran straight into his back.

"Oof." Donghyuck said as he fell on his bottom. The male turned around, giving him a small smile before helping him up to his feet.

"Taeyong, did my brother run into you?" Dongwook asked, glaring at Donghyuck. Donghyuck hid behind the tall boy, Taeyong, as Taeyong patted his head.

"It's okay, it was a mistake, right?" Taeyong said, crouching to face the boy. Donghyuck slowly nodded.

"Aw, your brother's so adorable." The girl beside Dongwook said, crouching down to pat Donghyuck's head as well. Donghyuck stared at her, eyes wide as he recalled the photos of her in his older brother's room.

"Are you Hwayoung? The Phoenix Princess?" Donghyuck asked. Hwayoung's mouth dropped, surprised.

"Yes, how did you know?" Hwayoung asked the boy. Donghyuck eyed his brother before motioning his hands, telling Hwayoung to get closer. Hwayoung exchanged looks with Taeyong and Dongwook before following his instructions.

"My brother has a crush on you." Donghyuck whispered. He watched as she stared at Dongwook before laughing.

"You brat, what did you say?" Dongwook exclaimed, grabbing Donghyuck by the ear.

"Ow, hyung that hurts!" Donghyuck cried but his brother's grip was firm.

"He said his favourite colour is pink." Hwayoung lied, hoping that Dongwook would let go. As the words left her mouth, Dongwook let go, eyeing his younger brother.

"I'm letting you go because Hwayoung wants me to." Dongwook said. Donghyuck quickly scrambled onto his feet, before running back to his house, away from his brother and his friends.

...

"Your brother had a crush on the Phoenix Queen?" Renjun exclaimed. Haechan nodded.

"That's the only reason she's still alive, otherwise he would have wiped him out along with her father when he tried to take over the kingdom." Haechan explained.

"I thought Hwayoung had a massive crush on Taeyong though." Renjun pointed out.

"She does, but when Taeyong came to the Academy, his eyes were only on Seri." Haechan told him. Renjun slowly nodded, taking in his words.

"Why did you change your name to Haechan?" Renjun suddenly asked. Haechan sighed deeply.

"Because Donghyuck is related to that filthy piece of trash. If any phoenix heard that name, they would shiver in fear. My brother is pure evil." Haechan said. A shiver ran down Haechan's own spine as the image of his brother ran through his head.

How will I survive my solo mission?

———————————————————————————
Inkigayo tonight ~~