Uneventful Drive

Xavier had been in relationships before, but he'd never felt this way before. He got all flustered and happy whenever he thought of Cecil. Not that he could say why, it was just something about her.

  Tuesday rolled around quickly. It was a few hours before the date and he hadn't pick an outfit yet

  He narrowed it down to 2. A grey button up shirt with a black suit jacket and a pair of worn dark blue jeans, or a dark oversized sweater tucked in to a pair of grey high waisted ripped jeans. Xavier decided on the latter, he didn't want to be over dressed.

  His anxiety gnawed at his stomach as he waited outside her apartment building in his car. A few minutes later she immerged from the building and as soon as she saw him and broke into a wide grin. She had on a loose blue jumper and a pair of black heels. Xavier got out to open her door.

  "Thank you very much," she said, kissing him on the cheek. He shut her door gently and smiled at her through the window.

  The drive there was majorly uneventful. Halfway Cecil hesitantly took Xavier's hand and kissed it softly. He was so startled he almost crashed the car. She laughed and held his hand in both of hers.

  At a red light Xavier looked at her and smiled. He lifted his hand placed it gently on her cheek. She watched the traffic lights, but smiled happily as he ran his thumb along her cheekbone.

  "Green light," she muttered into his palm. The car started again but she refused to give his hand back. This girl would be the death of him. Quite literally if she didn't give his hand back.

  "We die we die," she told him blatantly. "God wants us dead there isn't much we can do about it."

  "You could simply not help him."

  "What fun is that."

  Xavier couldn't think of a good argument, so he let her win. She whispered a little celebration to herself and intertwined their fingers.