Sleeping Arrangements

Xavier had trouble sleeping at first, and though she wouldn't admit it so did Cecil. She knew someone had picked him up, but wasn't sure sure who.

  Xavier couldn't sleep very well without physical contact and he didn't know how he'd ask Crow. If he did. He wasn't sure if asking Crow would make it worse with Cecil, so he stayed up until around 2:30am when Crow's friend Ein found him.

  "Worried?" Xavier jumped, startled out of his thoughts.

  "Sorry," Ein walked on the dimly lit living room with a graceful air to him. "Didn't mean to scare you."

  "It's fine. And yeah, I'm a little worried."

  "A little? So that's not your issue. Interesting."

  Xavier laughed. Ein studied him closely.

  "If you must know, Sherlock, I can't sleep alone."

  "Crow'd stay with you if you asked."

  Xavier shook his head. "The two if then don't get along."

  Ein paused in thought as he tied up his long blue hair.

  "I could sleep in here with you. I suggested him because you don't know me but if that's not an option then I can do it."

  A bright blush covered Xavier's face.

  "I need physical contact, not someone's presense."

  Ein shrugged. " I can do both."

  Xavier considered it for a minute.

  "Only because you're pretty."

  "Shallow," Ein muttered, wrapping his arms around Xavier.

  They laid together for a few minutes. Ein noticed how in sync their heartbeats were. He almost didn't notice when Xavier starting laughing.

  "What?"

  "You never actually told me your name, but here we are."

  "I didn't?!"

  Ein stared at the wall in disbelief as Xavier regained his composure.

  "I didn't! Fuck! Sorry. Ein. He."

  "There we go."

  Xavier laid on his back, still not really believing his situation.

  "Usually I let guys buy me dinner first," Ein told Xavier, who laughed.

  "I'll buy you breakfast in the morning. Promise"

  "Thank you."

  Xavier held Ein's left hand in his own, examining it.

  Ein furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Fuck you doing?"

  "This," Xavier traced the ring on Ein's hand with his thumb. "This an engagement ring?"

  "Yeah, don't tell Crow though. We haven't told him yet."

  "What a shame, you're so pretty."

  "Fuck off," Ein punched Xavier playfully in the gut.

  "Anyone I would have seen around town?"

  Ein shook his head, explaining how his fiancè lived in Australia. They met online, but had Ein not moved away they might have met in person. Maybe it was just that he was talking about Australia but his accent was more noticable. Xavier hadn't even heard it before.

  Conversation faded slowly, and at 2:50 they were both asleep on the living room floor (they were both too tall for the couch so they had a makeshift bed on the ground). At 10am they were woken up by someone's voice.

  "What's happening here?" Crow leaned against the empty doorframe to the living room.

  "Shuddup," Ein mumbled.

  Xavier put his glasses on and looked over at Crow. "I don't think your friend's a morning person."

  "I think he just wants attention."

  Ein sat straight up, his sudden movement making Crow jump.

  "I was promised food."

  Xavier groaned as he remembered.

  "I want food," Crow commented.

  Ein shot his hands up in victory. "Food."

  Xavier laid alone on the living room floor after coming back from buying the other two food. Ein was taking a shower and Crow had gone back to sleep.

  And so he slipped out of the house unnoticed. It began to rain as he walked down the quiet streets. Xavier would like the rain a lot more if the humidity didn't fog up his glasses.

  "I'm home!" He called out, pulling his shoes off. He's almost forgotten how dark his parents house was.

  He knew that Cecil would throw a fit if she knew he was at home but he was tiring of being a guest in other people's houses.

  "How was your little vacay?" Xavier's dad joked. He didn't seem upset or worried.

  "It's was fun. Where's mum?"

  His dad's face fell. "We're getting a divorce."

  "That's cool. Have fun."

  "For real this time, Xavier."

  Xavier began climbing the stairs. "Said that last time."

  After changing into a comfortable sleeveless shirt and pajama shorts Xavier began doing some work for the classes he was taking at the nearby community college. They were currently on a break but classes started again in a week.

  The Samsung Xavier's dad bought him during the first divorce made a small buzzing noise as he plugged it in. It died as he set it down and he didn't look at it again for a few hours.

  At around 6pm Xavier unplugged his phone and responded to some texts. Then he put on a Netflix show and fell asleep.