Haunted House

At the end of the story June asked when he would get to know what was happening between everyone.

  “If you haven’t caught on yet I can’t help you.”

  "No tell meeee."

  Crow looked at Xavier and Cecil. They glanced at each other and nodded before giving Crow the sign that he couldn't tell her.

  "This wasn't really meant as a friendly platonic double date," Crow explained slowly. June couldn't even begin to understand what he meant.

  "Remember how you had that plan, with the visits and phone calls and all that?" Xavier and Cecil frowned in confusion, but June nodded. Crow got sick of all this and just blurted out

  "They like us romantically and we like them romantically. This double date was meant as just a date, they were just afraid to say anything. I realized when I showed up and that's what me and Xavier were talking about."

  June's face went red and he looked at Xavier and Cecil, who were both avoiding their gaze.

  "Since when?"

  Cecil held back a laugh as Xavier tried to explain. "The first day we met we talked about how we had a crush on you. The first time we kissed was after Cecil asked about if we were both dating you but not each other. I've had a bit of a thing for Crow since we met."

  "I don't have a crush on Crow, but I'm still getting to know him so who knows." Cecil smiled at Crow.

  The conversation came to a slight halt as June gasped and grabbed Crow's arm. "Do they have one of those romantic tunnel things?"

  Crow shook his head. "No way in hell I'm doing that."

  "No c'mon that'd be fun," Cecil whined. Xavier seemed to be the only one who remembered that nobody actually said anything about the crushes, making this conversation a bit premature.

  "Me and Cecil will go, the boys can sulk."

  Crow turned towards Xavier as they left. He laughed as Xavier grumbled angrily about how he didn't do anything. 

  "Wanna check out the haunted house? It seems like your style."

 Xavier helped him pack up the stuff and walked over with him. He was tempted the entire time to reach out and take Crow's hand, but in the end he freaked out and didn't. When they got their Crow strolled in without a moment's hesitation as Xavier followed close behind.

  "You get scared, emo?"

  "Never."

  "Good."

  Neither of them were afraid throughout the entire thing, but at one point Crow had to catch Xavier after he tripped over a small bump in the floor. Crow usually couldn't see Xavier's eyes very well until he fell backwards and Crow caught him by his waist. Before they recovered a group of preteen boys called out to them, but as soon as Xavier and Crow looked over at them they shut up.

  They were alone in one of the last rooms. Xavier went to move rooms but Crow called him back to look at something. Crow leaned against the glass and smiled at the other boy. As soon as Xavier turned towards him Crow leaned forward and asked to kiss him. He did this with every one he kissed, even after a year he still asked June everytime.

  Xavier went red and took a small step back. Crow leaned away back to where he was and didn't say anything. Worried he was upset, Xavier stepped forward again to see his face, but he didn't seem disappointed or irritated. In fact he smiled apologetically at Xavier and asked if the two of them were alright.

  "Um, um yeah we're alright. Sorry you just startled me." Xavier was still staring at him. Maybe he couldn't talk to attractive people.

  "That's alright. I didn't mean to startle you."

  "It's not hard to do."

  Crow laughed, a genuine laugh, and Xavier tried (and failed) not to kiss him. Crow didn't kiss back immediately, which scared Xavier, but after he pulled away Crow grinned sheepishly and looked away. He wasn't one to smile a lot, so Xavier appreciated getting to see him shield his face behind his hand.

  Xavier tilted Crow's face back towards him and ran his thumb along his freckles.

  "We're gonna get yelled at by prepubescent boys if we don't move along."

  Xavier groaned. "Fine."