Car Pool

(This chapter is 2 thousand words vs. normal chapters that are around 700 because I didn’t wanna split it up into pieces so if it seems way longer that’s why.)

  Enzo was right at Misty’s ankles (despite her gentle protests) as they both walked past. Crow hauled himself upright to watch him cling to her as she tried to get to the door.

  “Hey guys can one of you love birds take this?” Misty picked Enzo up off the ground and held her arms out towards Cecil and Crow. “I have to go get something and drop it off at a friend's place real quick.”

  Enzo squirmed and whined. “I wanna go on a car ride with Missy.”

  “We could all go on a car ride if that’s okay with you guys,” Cecil suggested to Misty. She looked conflicted as she thought about Cecil’s idea.

  Crow threw a goldfish to get Misty’s attention. “What are you getting for your friend?”

  “She’s not feeling well, like she can barely get out of bed, so she asked me to get her pads and a soda.”

  The couch groaned as Crow swung his legs off the edge and got up, sighing. Both girls watched in confusion as he walked out and went up the stairs. He returned a minute later with an unopened box of pads which he tossed to Misty. “She can have this if she wants, I don’t need them, and mom put 12 ounce pepsis in the fridge this morning if that works.”

  Enzo, who had been putting his shoes on, jumped up to his feet energetically. He bounced up and down asking Cecil if they were going on a car ride. Misty winced.

  “Actually I have to drop this off and I’ll probably stay to make sure she’s okay, so maybe my brother will take you on a drive but I have to go.”

  Sniffling and complaining, Enzo turned and looked at Crow, who had sat back down and had his legs resting on top of Cecil’s. Reluctantly, he agreed. Not because Enzo wanted to but because Cecil wanted to. Enzo had taken off out the door and was waiting patiently in the car. Cecil and Misty talked as the latter grabbed a pepsi for her friend. At one point Misty made a joke about Cecil being one hell of a woman, which is when Crow looked up at them. Misty instantly noticed the slip in Crow’s behaviour.

  “I’ll get out of your way,” she told Cecil, winking. Both siblings knew Crow wasn’t a very jealous person most of the time plus Misty wasn’t into girls but she wanted to see if she could get a reaction out of him. She put her hands on Cecil’s waist to move her as she slid past out of the kitchen, the action was just smooth enough for her to slip her number to Cecil. As Misty walked past Crow he stuck his leg out and tripped her.

  “Ouch.” Was all he said to her, they both laughed at each other. Misty wished Enzo goodbye and left.

  “Did you trip her cause she hit on me?”

  Both boys looked over at her. Enzo was sitting on Crow’s shoulders and they were standing by the door.

  “I know she wasn’t actually hitting on me, she just wanted to get a rise from you and I’m not mad at either of you I just didn’t think you were that type of person.” Cecil took a few steps past them to grab her coat and let her fingertips brush against the small of his back. He jumped the tiniest bit at the touch, not out of discomfort just out of the surprise. He didn’t appreciate being messed with but with Cecil he didn’t mind as much. Despite not minding as much he still stomped on the back of her shoes once they got outside.

  The car had already cooled down by the time they got in. Crow in the driver's seat because he doesn’t let people drive his car and Cecil doesn’t drive. Enzo began clapping loudly at an idea he’d had.

  “Go find the phone person please. I think it’d be fun to meet..uh.. I don’t know their name.”

  Cecil laughed with Enzo and messed up his hair. “Phone person is June, and if you wanna meet them we can ask.”