Chapter 25 The magic, the queen, and presents! (Edited)

Start from the beginning

"Exactly!, she is in the same position you were when you were around her age, you need to let her adjust and figure out how to tell you, and the boys as well. They will tell you when they are ready. Just be patient" Irene said.

"Irene, how did I end up with a peaceful, wise pet like you?" I asked her.

"We are chosen by your personalities, you need peace in your life after what happened to your parents when you were just a kid." I suddenly feel sad when I remember that day.

"I have also seen your kid's pets, all of them have a great connection with their masters, Josh matches his leadership potential and intelligence, Alex matches his sense of activeness, Nick matches his cool and calm nature, and Aurora's...." Irene paused.

"What about Aurora's?" I asked.

"Well, that is a special one, I can feel it. For the boys, the pets would be close friends, but for Aurora's, they can be like part of the family. Like how Isabella is with her pet." she said.

I smiled at her. "Yup, I remember Ruby very well, they were close," I said

Then Aurora's cat, Rosaleen walked out of the room and the cat looked up at me. "Oh kitty, come here," I said while picking up Rosaleen, I started petting her.

"Mom, you are cool about us having them in the house," Aurora said as she walked out of the room and smiled at me.

"Yeah, well, nothing in the house is destroyed, so I am fine with it," I said. Aurora's phone rang in her room.

"Oh, someone's calling me?" she went inside her room.

"Okay, Rosaleen, do you hear me?" she looked up at me. "Please do your best to protect Aurora and keep in mind how strong her abilities are. I know you will keep her safe and unharmed. You can do it." the cat nodded and I put it down.

Aurora came back to the hallway. "Hey mom, do you want to spend Winter break at grandma's house? Mikayla invited us but Uncle Toni and Grandad will be in Italy at that time, that's what she said."

"Oh sure, I'll tell your brothers and I think your father would be busy too on that day"

"Really? Again? Are all the men in our family workaholics?" she asked me.

"Probably Auri, we just had to spend time with the women this time, well mostly women, I will make your brothers come too," I said and Aurora started laughing. She went into her room again and I gave Rosaleen a nod and she nodded back happily.

I went into my room and from my closet, I took my tablet, it was a Mythical Realm Tablet that I got installed with some new updates from Annika's son Marcus who happened to be Aurora's friend too. I closed and locked the door behind me. I went and typed in something and wrote it down. 'I need to know all the deaths that happened to a Mythix on the day I found my daughter, October 31st'

"Only 20 matches"

"20?! Well, that is a lot of deaths for one day "I said "Please reveal those names to me" The names came up in front of me in a holographic way, it is similar to how you use a phone to scroll down names but bigger. I scrolled down and saw no one that would have matched. Most of their ages didn't even add up. They could be Aurora's grandparents rather than her parents.

I felt frustrated, I did as much research on people who passed away on that day as in the past 2 years, it was impossible, most of them are not even Mythix! If you are asking me, maybe she is mixed, I checked that out too, or they had her late, so check on that too. I tried to check on birth records of babies of Mythix and it will take years for me to find but also most of them are confidential and I will get in trouble with the council if they find out I used my abilities to get other Mythixs' birth information. It is a violation.