07 | card games are fun

Start from the beginning

Recently, teasing Y/n had became my hobby at school. So, I didn't think twice when I noticed she was out of breath. In no time, I outran her. From where I was, I could hear her insulting me until the sound of the vice-president's voice interrupted us both.

"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF—Jungkook, nice to see you!"

I waved at him before running away, letting him deal with Y/n who was even more pissed to my greatest amusement.

A few minutes later, I noticed Yoongi sitting on a bench in the schoolyard. I jogged towards him. He started to shuffle the cards while I took a seat, staying quiet as usual. For some reason, he always had a threatening aura, and it freaked me out. So, I decided to do small talk to ignore the uneasiness building up inside of me.

"Why are so serious about the game?" I tried to sound as confident as possible, but my efforts collapsed when he looked me in the eye.

"A bastard from Bojeon High challenged me."

He wasn't the talkative type, so I had to question him each time I wanted more information instead of waiting for him to speak further. "Why?"

"That coward was beating up one of our schoolmates with her friends. I managed to beat the guys, but I won't hit a girl. Instead, she made a deal. If I beat her in a game of UNO, she will apologize to the kid and stop harassing him. If I lose, she'll continue."

Eyes open wide, I refrained from gasping. "Is that it? If you loose, you'll let her be?"

The black-haired dude sneered. "Do I look stupid?" Don't ask me why, but I felt the urge to shake my head no. So, I did. "I've reported her to the council already; Namjoon is handling the matter with her school's council. I accepted the challenge for fun."

"You think that's fun?" I made a face.

"Yeah." he cocked an eyebrow "Don't you? I promised her I'd leave her alone if she wins." he laughed, an evil laugh "I can't wait to wipe that stupid smirk off her ugly face."

That was most certainly the dumbest deal I've ever heard; but Yoongi's determination to save the bullied student was brave. Thus, I've sworn to make a great UNO player out of him.

"HEY! I'M HERE!"

Yoongi and I turned our face at the same time to find out Y/n running—more like walking fast, but she probably thought she was running—towards us. The junior student cleared his throat, staring at me with a stern face.

"What is she doing here?"

Unfortunately, she heard him and managed to answer for herself. "I'll help you! Bow down to the greatest UNO player of all time." hands on her hips, she had a smug smile on

I expected Yoongi to be upset, but he simply shrugged and moved a little to make some space for her to sit.

"Don't bother." she smiled "I'd rather take Jungkook's spot; he's the reason why I'm worn out!"

Against all odds, Yoongi agreed with her. Under his deathly stare, I felt like crying.

"Is he bullying you?" he asked Y/n

"Of course not!" I intervened, but he hushed me with a hand gesture.

Thankfully, Y/n was too oblivious to take it as a chance to get back at me. "He'd never do that!" But when I thought I was off the hook, she turned to me. "The vice-president gave me a warning because of your dumbass!"

I rolled my eyes, not even feeling bad for her. "You shouldn't have followed me in the first place."

She was shooting daggers at me, much to my enjoyment.

"You fucking dick—"

"Although insults are music to my ear, I'd like to focus on my issue. If you manage to help me, I'll tell Jimin to take the warning back."

I addressed a victorious smile to Y/n to which she answered with an ugly yet funny angry face.

❁ ✾ ❃ ❋

Two days later, Yoongi stormed inside the art club room rather angrily. Scared to death, I carefully watched him approach me as my fellow members were quietly staring.

As usual, clueless Y/n broke the silence. "You won?"

For a few seconds, he didn't budge. Looking me in the eye in an intense way, he finally relaxed and—surprisingly—smiled. He turned to Y/n and nodded.

"Well done!" she exclaimed, clapping her hands out of excitement

This time, Yoongi faced me and patted my shoulder. "Why so tense?"

Instantly, I came back to my senses and cried. "Why do you even look angry if you won?"

He chuckled, scratching the back of his neck as everyone seemed to relax. "I was joking."

I glanced at Y/n from the corner of my eye; she seemed to enjoy my state of confusion more than Yoongi's victory. With a wide smile, she winked at me.

"Wuss." she scoffed

❁ ✾ ❃ ❋