Part 34

Your POV

I took one more deep breath before I pulled the door open of the small but beautiful space where Harry was holding his gallery. I immediately recognized a few of his friends that were standing there with a glass of champagne in their hands chatting amongst the other people that were there. I'm sure they were trying to network with the people who were attending Harry's gallery opening, I remember Harry had mentioned that they had fat wallets and had impeccable taste in art. Which is why I wasn't shocked at all when Harry said he only had to shell out a small price to make it officially happen. I was proud of him no doubt, I smiled at the server that stood by the door to greet guests and hand out one of many champagne filled glasses. I smiled and took one graciously before I decided to take a small tour of Harry's work before
I had to face him or any of his friends, especially Meadow. My eyes were captivated by all the shades of blue he used, making me feel warm and cozy inside. A gasp fell from my lips when I saw that a lot of his paintings had me in them, if you had never saw me then you would never know. However, when my eyes fell on some paintings I could see the clear distinction. As I continued to walk the gallery I absentmindedly ran into Harry's best friend Johnny, I filled and tried to sneak by but much to my dismay he caught me.

"Y/n? Is that you?!", he said happily with a huge smile on his face.

"Hello Johnny", I stick my hand out for him to shake but he instead brought me
Into a hug.

"How are you? We haven't seen you in a year, Harry didn't exactly tell us what happened only that you guys were separated. Whatever that means", he shrugged but held me an arms length away to take a good look at me.

"Harry and I broke up, that's why you haven't seen me around. I didn't even think you guys missed me, I mean did you guys even like me?", I asked.

I didn't want to be rude more like brutally honest, Johnny was the nicest out of all of Harry's friends. I wasn't really upset with him but I wasn't sure if I would have like to go down that road again and explain why Harry and I weren't together anymore.

"Look the guys liked you just fine, as for the girl well. What can I say Y/n they hated you cause they were jealous, that was the only reason. Nothing more, nothing less. Meadow hated you cause you stole Harry from her, not like they were even remotely close to being together. She had this fantasy that she would be the one to tame him and get him to propose to her but then you came along. The other girls didn't like you for the sole reason that Meadow didn't like you. We've all missed you I swear, even Harry", he said sympathetically.

"Really", I tried to not sound as desperate as I felt.

"Yeah he wouldn't stop talking about you when you left, it really annoyed all of us but he didn't give very many details on why you guys split in the first place. So we could never really help him", he shrugged but gave me the look as if I had to explain to him what happened to us.

"If I tell you, you can't say shit to anyone. Promise", I pointed to him angrily since I was super pissed I had to do this in the middle of an art gallery.

"Promise", he nodded his head.

"Harry confessed to me that he and Meadow slept together several times when they were working on his gallery. So I left", I shrugged making it seem as if the betrayal he committed isn't break me in half.

"I'm so sorry. Meadow is a bitch and I can say that cause I've known her for years. She's a heartless person that will destroy anything she thinks she can. She's had her eye on Harry since we first started to hang out as a group but she was completely enraged when Harry started to see you cause like I said we saw a whole totally different side of him. It made her mad that it was you and not her. So what are you doing here then", he asked quizzically.

"Harry and I saw each other a few weeks back and he invited me. He also asked for a second chance", I shrugged.

"Do you want to give him a second chance", Johnny asked.

"I don't know, but I do know that I love him and since the break up I've been a wreck. He makes me whole", I whispered the last part willing myself not to cry.

"I think you already have your answer and I can assure you that Harry won't hurt you again. It's been a struggle for him to push in this year without you, he hasn't even been going out with us either. He's been at home or working on this", he told me shocking me.

"Ready to see him", Johnny looped my arm with his.

I nodded my head letting him lead me to where Harry was, my heart pounding and my stomach doing summersaults. I just hope I was making the right decision.