Part 3

Your POV

I sat silently as I listened to my friends complain about their boyfriends and lack of sex partners, while I just. I kept quiet about my personal life, I never had an official boyfriend just someone who wanted to act like it and didn't want to commit and I wasn't up for that. I never really told my friends about what I did behind close doers because they gave me a hard time about not having a love life. I didn't care though, I over through them and for right now that's ok.

"Why you so quiet down there hotness, you've got Elijah over here trying to get at you and you keep shooting him down", my best friend Serena playfully nudge my shoulder.

"Has he?", I questioned finally looking up from my veggie frittata and made eye contact with my friends.

"Oh my god Y/n don't act dumb, you know he's been staring at you and he asked Perrie here for your number", Sophia gave me a wicked smirked.

"So?", I shrugged.

"Oh come on at least admit you're into him. I mean....holy shit he's right behind you", Sophia whispered.

"What! No way", I whispered back.

"Yes and he keeps looking at you", Perrie and Serena giggled.

I quickly turned to see him indeed stare at me, I quickly turned around and lowered my head trying to eat my food. My friends were laughing and giggling like teenage school girls, the truth was even though Elijah was beautiful I didn't feel anything for him. My face didn't get hot nor did I blush, he was cool but I couldn't see myself with him. I just played along though so I didn't get shit from my friends, yet another way I had to parented everything was fine in my life when it wasn't.

I closed the door behind me and leant against it, letting a deep breath out as I felt my heart rate go down. I was so happy to be home, even though I really didn't interact with my parents it brought me enough ease that I felt all my worries float away. I took a second to lean my had back against the wood and close my eyes, trying to take myself back to a happy place.

"Oh you're home", my mother mother said surprised as she came out of the kitchen.

"Yes, I just got home", I sighed taking my bag and hanging up near the door and doing the same with my jacket

"How was school sweetie?", she asked and I looked at her suspiciously.

My parents didn't really like that I was going to school to become a teacher, they thought my mind belonged somewhere else like law or business. Mainly cause they wanted me to take over the family business but I had other plans for my life and they hated it.

"Great, just tired", I sighed facing her.

"Ok well dinners ready, I made spaghetti bolognese tonight. Go wash up ok", she smiled.

"Ok give me five minutes", I mumbled and headed upstairs.
.
.
.

We all sat at the table, the three of us did every night for dinner and did the same thing. My mother insisted on a small tv in the dinning room to drown out the silence that took place at the dinner table since I was thirteen. Our family dynamic had completely disappeared when I hit puberty and was voicing my opinions on things my dad quote "felt like I wasn't mature enough to talk about". So instead I silenced myself at the dinner table and just ate, we had been doing this for six years. I looked at my mom who simply stared at the tv, drowned herself in whatever she was watching and my dad who was busy reading the newspaper. Then people wonder why I didn't believe in love, spend one night at my house and see how much love flowed through there. After I fished I excused myself and washed my plate, heading up to my room to do the one thing I loved in my free time. Write.