It feels right

Amy's pov

The next morning I woke up so excited and literally had to take deep breaths to calm myself. I woke up super early too just so I was ready for the breakfast date.

I made sure I showered and made sure my make up was on point but I didn't put on much make up because its too much effort and I feel like it doesn't show me personally, it shows a different Amy.

I made sure to put on some perfume once I finished getting dressed into my black skinny jeans, white converse and light blue crop top.

I put my essentials in a small purse and sat on my couch waiting for Mark. I decided to watch 1 episode of a Netflix series I was really into because I had just enough time.

...

Mark's pov

I walked up to Amy's apartment with butterflies in my stomach, I made sure I was just on time so it didn't seem like I was desperate but it also didn't seem like I didn't care because I really cared.

I got my phone out and quickly texted Amy as I approached the hall way that her apartment is down. I saw her open the door and walk down the hall to meet me half way.

"Hello" she said cheerfully.

"You ready?" I asked.

"Sure am" she replied in her same cheerful tone.

We walked out of her apartment building talking about what the best food is that they do at the breakfast bar.

The walk to the breakfast bar was really short so we were there within a minute and were seated within a few seconds because it wasn't that busy.

We got situated at a 2 person table by the window which I liked because the breakfast bar had a good view of the sea which was just down the road.

Amy and I looked in the menus at the limited amount of food items and listened to what the people around us were ordering.

"Peach, lychee and coconut bircher muesli. That is so overrated" Amy whispered causing me to laugh.

"I know right, lychee isn't even good and coconut and peach just don't go together" I whispered.

"I agree" Amy replied.

"So what drink are you getting?" I asked.

"Take a guess" she replied.

"Considering all I've seen you drink is coffee I'm going to assume you can't start your morning without coffee so my guess is an iced dark roast because it's hot outside and dark roast because at this breakfast bar they put a certain amount of beans in according to their weight which means the dark roast wouldn't be as strong because they are roasted for longer which makes them denser and the denser they are the heavier they are so you get less of them in a cup so that means less caffeine which is bad for you but it has enough for a good kick start to the day" I said.

Amy sat there shocked at my logic.

"You got it spot on but how do you know all of that, the answer I was looking for was cause its not as high in caffeine but it has enough to wake you up" she replied.

"what can I say, I love coffee" I said as I looked back at the menu.

The waitress came over and took our orders then delivered them to us within 5 minutes which is surprisingly quick for any place that serves food.

For food we both chose the chocolate croissant because that is superior breakfast food and reminds me of going on holiday for some reason.

Once we finished the food I payed the bill which Amy wasn't happy with because she thinks I've done too much for her already but I insisted because I asked her on the date.

We left the breakfast bar and we started the walk down to the beach.

"I know this is a weird question but how are your cramps, I just want to make sure you are OK" I said/asked.

"Actually I haven't had any today, I must have just been enjoying myself and forgot all about them" she replied with a smile.

"I'm glad to hear" I said.

Soon we arrived at the beach so we sat on the wall and looked at the tide which was slowly coming in, I've always enjoyed watching the sea because it reminded me of when my dad would take me to the beach when I was little.

Amy noticed the smile on my face and asked me why I was so happy.

"Being here reminds me of when my dad used to take me to the beach when I was little, we used to go whenever he wasn't working which wasn't often but when we did go he used to make sure we had as much fun as possible and made the most of our time because he knew it wouldn't happen for a while. Also being here with you makes me happy, I haven't had anything like this in a long time and I forgot what it feels like" I said truthfully.

Amy had the biggest smile on her face which made me really happy too and made me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside.

Amy took my hand and said:

"I haven't been on a date in a very long time because I had trust issues after the incident but being around you feels safe and I feel like I could tell you anything and trust you not to tell anyone, I feel like I could trust you with my life"

I couldn't contain the smile on my face as I gently pulled her in for a hug, it was quick but felt like an eternity, warm with a cool breeze surrounding us and gentle but tight like nothing could break us apart.

It made me feel like this woman was worth fighting for and fighting was what I was going to do, by her side no matter what happens between us. I felt like I needed to protect her no matter what.

As we released from the hug our eyes caught in a gaze which made my heart rate pick up and made my face turn a light crimson colour.

It felt like gravity was pulling us closer together and soon enough our faces were inches apart and I could feel her light breaths dance on my lips.

I slowly moved closer making sure I was making the right choice, Amy didn't back away so I went for it...

Sorry... not