Kor'alli

(So little story. When I was in 6th grade we learned about ancient civilizations. In addition to Mesopotamia, and ancient China we did ANCIENT GREECE! I was already really happy because I was a big fan of 'Hercules' the Disney movie. Now that I've started reading the first Percy Jackson book I remembered this assignment. The assignment was to create our own greek god, draw them, and say what they were the god of. I was an overachiever so I even wrote a myth for my goddess. This is that myth, ENJOY!)

Kor'alli was the daughter of Posiden and the young goddess of the reef. She is represented by waves and Coral.

She has naturally blue hair and eyes that matched. She often wore a fish scale-like two-piece with a blue train at the waist. But when the occasion called for it she would wear a long flowing blue gown. She is often compared to Aphrodite herself for her beauty. Her name was chosen as it symbolized her, the Greek word for coral was Kor'alli.

If a mortal were to anger or upset her the reef would wither and decay. She will also sometimes cause the coral to grow out of control and prevent anyone from entering or exiting Greece. At times when at war mortals would anger Kor'alli on purpose so she would form the coral wall. To protect the reef she would use her wave manipulation ability to sweep away things that would harm it.

In conclusion, Kor'alli the daughter of Posiden controlled and was represented by waves and coral. She wore silver armor-like attire, had blue hair, and her beauty rivaled Aphrodite herself. She did her best to protect the coral and the entire reef until the end of her days.

(End of the required assignment. On to the myth)

Aphrodite began to grow jealous that this girl who had only existed for a mere millennium was growing as beautiful as herself. She concocted a plan. She told Kor'alii that mortals were longing for something different and that she should go down and give it a look. 

Once Kor'alli was gone Aphrodite placed an enchanted dagger on the shores of the mortal town. Kor'alli was quickly liked while pretending to be mortal. One day, while she was on earth, Kor'alli decided to tell her friends of her godhood. When she told them they, of course, didn't believe her. 

But her pride began to cloud her sight. She manipulated the waves around them and without knowing the dagger Aphrodite had enchanted was heading toward her and stabbed her in the back. 

She fell on the ground dead the waves sweeping her away into the ocean. Her blood was soaked in my the corals and dyed them bright red. Posiden could feel the moment his daughter hit the ground. He carried her to the bottom of the ocean and he buried her there. 

He formed an enchantment that anyone who crossed the barrier around them the ship would sink immediately. Today that barrier is known as the Bermuda triangle. After thousands of years, the reefs that Kor'alli used to protect are beginning to die with her spirit. 

You see, if Aphrodite were not jealous, millions of lives would have been spared. And it all started with a single spark of envy. 

(I hoped you all liked this! Yeah, there wasn't much of a point to this I just wanted to show some writing assignments because I wanted to show off. Maybe I'll draw a picture of her and show it, who knows! ILY guys stay safe and I'll see you all next time my young Wattpadians!)