Spider-Man just a Home Town Girl Part 4

Gwen is walking home from the grocery store. She picked up some food therapy better known as Oreos. She's listening to AC/DC's Back in Black. She's still a mess. She unlocks her door and walks to the kitchen.

Gwen: Hey dad how was work?

Captain Stacy: Gwen. Can you look over here, please?

Gwen removes her headphones and looks at the couch. Sitting on her couch with her dad is Peter Parker. Her eyes are massive as she stares at the "possible" superhero on her couch.

Gwen: H-h-hi. I-I'm Gwen

Peter: Peter. Mr. Stacy can I have a conversation with your daughter?

Captain Stacy: It's Captain. But sure. Don't be doing any funny business sir.

Peter: Sir I'm married.

Gwen still in shock walks to her room with Peter following behind her. She closes and locks her bedroom door.

Peter: So Gwen. How was your trip?

She turns around and sits on her bed. Peter waves his hand in front of her face.

Peter: Hey kid. Are you okay?

She grabs his hand while he's waving it in her face. She looks at him slowly. Her hair slowly parts to reveal her puffy eyes.

Gwen: Your spider. It ruined my life.

Peter: Miss Stacy. Please let me go.

Gwen: Sorry.

She grabs her hair with her gloved hands.

Gwen: But these powers are ruining my life. I can hardly touch anything without wearing these stupid gloves! Why did I even draw this?

Gwen reaches into her backpack and tosses her sketchbook into the wall. It makes a small dent in the wall. Peter bends over and picks up the book. He opens to the page with the post-it.

He sees the suit she designed. While she's sinking her head in her knees he looks at her with a smile.

Peter: Come to New Stark Industries after school tomorrow.

Gwen: I've been gone from school for the past week. I can stay all day tomorrow.

Peter smiles under his breath before he faces Gwen.

Peter: See you tomorrow then kid.

(Time Skip to the next day)

Gwen walks up to the tower after taking the subway for a half hour. She looks more presentable than before. Her hair has been washed and she's wearing makeup. She is dressed to impress wearing a holographic dress that cuts off just below the knee and heels to match. There's a silver locket peeking out from under her dress. She also carries a novelty bag in the shape of a bubble.

She walks up and flashes her pass from the field trip and the door opens for her. She walks in and the doors close cleanly.

E.D.I.T.H.: Welcome Gwenyth Stacy. Should I alert Mrs. Parker that you've arrived?

Gwen: Yeah. Thanks, by the way, who are you?

E.D.I.T.H.: My name is E.D.I.T.H. Mr. Stark made me before his death. Mr. Parker continues using me as a reminder of his mentor.

M.J: E.D.I.T.H. that's enough. Hi, I'm Michelle Parker.

M.J. gives her hand to Gwen and they shake hands. They share a smile and she leads Gwen to a lab.

M.J: Here sit.

Gwen awkwardly takes a seat and places her hands in her lap. M.J. gets out her phone and texts someone. Only a few seconds later Peter in the Spider-Man suit jumps through the window. This startles Gwen and she jumps out of the chair screaming slightly.

Peter: Sorry

He removes his mask.

Peter: I didn't mean to scare you.

She stares off into space and waves her arms around as if trying to connect different pieces of an otherwise unconnected puzzle.

Gwen: I'm an idiot and Kamala and Doreen have been right this whole time.

Young offscreen voice: No one is an idiot. Their potential has just been untapped.

Gwen looks over to see a little girl wearing a simple red sweater and black leggings. She looks eight maybe nine.

Young girl: I'm Morgan Stark nice to meet you, Gwen. My daddy was an Avenger

Gwen: Really? My dad's the police captain.

Morgan: Daddy said cops ruin everything.

Gwen turns to Peter.

Gwen: I like her.