Epilogue

"Sacrifice is a part of life. It's supposed to be. It's not something to regret but something to aspire to."

You don't think twice to take a bullet, take a knife and bleed to death for someone you truly love. It's funny how you think you could tolerate the pain more than they do just because you love them. That is how it really is, you take the pain for them, because you don't want them hurt and you don't want a single tear escape from their eyes.

But that's not what Lisa think it is now.

Or at least before that was what she thought it was.

When she saw the scalpel pointed, aimed at Jennie her head go nuts. She was so scared Jennie might bleed, that she forgot that she would bleed too.

So without thinking she shielded Jennie from the attack, as a result she got herself a cut through her neck. She held Jennie's waist tight before she felt the heat of the liquid dripping from her neck.

Lisa can't think a damn thing after realizing she was stabbed, but then she didn't pull away from Jennie. She breathed hard, her slender arms held the older surgeon tighter. She wanted Jennie to feel that she's safe with her.

"Sorry if I'm too late..." Lisa whispered as her eyelids began to feel heavy. She knew she'll be unconscious in a second, so she gazed at Jennie's eyes.

The surgeon was completely shocked and in a state of panic. She tried to stop the wound from bleeding out of rationality, yet she did not succeed.

"No, no! Lisa!" Jennie cried when the younger's head fell on her shoulder. Her hands were shaking, she was so nervous that she doesn't know what to do.

Lisa heard Jennie helplessly shouting for help with the last energy stored in her. She wanted to tell her that she'll be okay, but she can't move a muscle.

She was losing a lot of blood and having difficulty in breathing. Slowly her arms fell from Jennie's waist and she dozed off to sleep remembering how Jennie called her name.

She was wrong all along. One way or another a tear will shed and right now she was sure that the older surgeon was beyond anxious worrying about her.

Lisa wished that Jennie doesn't blame herself for what happened. Because more than risking her life for the woman she loves the consequences scares her more. It comes with Jennie living a life on her own, building a family with someone else when she's gone.

It scares Lisa more, but she didn't think of any of that the moment she took the knife because she loves Jennie more than herself.

After a moment Lisa felt like she's in a dream, watching her own self with Jennie, happy and so much in love. She could see how genuine their smiles are and it made her heart skip a beat. This is what she wants, to be happy and contented with Jennie.

She smiled when a memory of her and Jennie arguing like cat and dog appeared. Lisa was always fond with irritated Jennie.

"I said try it. It's good that's my favourite."

The doctor arched her brow "I said I don't want to Manoban."

Why could Lisa forget that day? She sighed and attentively anticipated Jennie and her own self in her dream. She missed the old times. God knows she would do anything for these times.

The surgeon suddenly stood up and stomped her feet but I was quick to reach for her hand and forced her to seat again.

"We won't leave, unless you drink that." I loosened my grip on her and gestured the object on the table.