Chapter XXIX

"Sometimes it is easier to let go than to hold on."

Jennie stared at the painted canvas she bought a year ago. Well, she was never fond with paintings that has meaningful quotes on it but there was something about that specific thing that caught her attention. Aside from the city lights as the background of the painting the quotation written on it struck her, she can very much relate to it. But never in a good way tho.

The day she let Lisa go was vividly marked in her head. Jennie can reminisce the pain she had to go through. After that day she expected the next days to be a lot harder, given that the blonde literally walked out of her life. But Jennie didn't predicted the fact that she'll miss Lisa so much. She didn't realize sooner that the blonde became her world, so when Lisa disappeared with the choice she made everything for Jennie fell apart. In just a snap it seemed like there was no reason for her to live, to wake up and to breath.

When she learned Lisa resigned at Deojun she started to blame herself and lock herself in her dark room. Those days all Jennie would do in her room was to cry and shout the pain away until her tears and voice no longer exist. Then at night before Rose and Jisoo barge in her room and force her to eat she'll find herself staring at her window, gazing at the starts above and asking herself if the choice she made was right because if it is then why does it hurts so much?

"Hey, are you sure you're alright? If there is something bothering you I'll stay for a little while to sort that thing out Mandu." Jisoo asked concerned, she exited from Jennie's bathroom door after she peed and found the surgeon contemplating.

"I am clearly not Chu." Jennie responded nonchalantly. She continued to stare at the canvas then afterwards stood up to get something from her drawer.

"Look Jen, it was not my intention to bring back the days you tried hard to forget. But I think it is best if you knew about her coming back." The nurse explained as she neared Jennie. She watched the surgeon open a small rectangular box that revealed a golden heart pendant which registered quickly in her mind. It was a gift from Lisa five years ago, it symbolizes the love the two had for each other.

Tears welled on Jennie's eyes again. She held the pendant in her hand and brought it to her lips to kiss. "It stayed the same, exactly like five years ago."

Jisoo worriedly rushed to hug her friend and told her its okay vent out the pain. "For years we tried not to mention her name hoping that it will at-least help you recover but I guess it will didn't count at all. I'm sorry for that Jennie." The nurse sighed and looked at the surgeon apologetically "I did communicate with Lisa for the past years. Yet, I assumed you not knowing where in the world she was can stop the pain you both battled."

Jennie looked shocked and weak, she doesn't know what to say. All this time Jisoo knew where Lisa was and how the blonde was doing. But then she has no right to be mad with Jisoo, she knew her friend always cared for her. In some ways she understood where Jisoo was coming from.

"I'm really sorry Jennie, I know it's too much but that's the truth." The head nurse added as she flashed a sad smile.

Jennie wiped her tears away and sniffed. "You don't have to be sorry Chu, I understand. The three of you always look after me and thinks what's best for me. I'm grateful for that."

Jisoo moved to hug the surgeon once again. "We are always here for you Mandu, whatever happens."

"I know, thou I'm not that lucky with how these past years went through I think I'm fortunate enough because I found you three."

If there's one thing Jennie learned from the past years it was also treasuring friendship. The relationship she have with Kai, Rose and Jisoo was so beautiful. It is something very hard to find but the Lord granted her not just one but three.