Villain, I'm here

Ryuu is not the certain type of people to comfort someone in distress. Back when he was still living long ago, he never really got to talk much since he's just lying on his hospital bed due to a case of leukemia.

Even though he did his best to fight out of the illness, he finally succumbed into surrendering. Whether it was out of desperation or lack of  motivation to live, he can never bear the thought of seeing his parents cry secretly. So, he did just that maybe not only to end his but also his parent's suffering.

The social barrier that surrounded himself never really faded. He just gained confidence over there past hundred of years but he never was the type of person to encourage. He was not the type of person to be a motivational speaker but he still wants to ease the gloomy around the person who's holding him tight.

After the king returned to the castle and called out his son, he immediately informed the prince of the weakening army putting more pressure on the young prince.

"Our knights are not at the best position to enter war at this state. Yin, I advise you to put greater work at managing the forces which will reckon the neighboring kingdom. The kingdom on the north are really proficient at modifying fire affinities. I expect something good to appease my eyes in these following months" The king said as he spared a look at Ryuu and retreated to the throne room.

It can't be deny that the King isn't a bar father but due to his position to the country, the kingdom is second to none. Even if it means putting his son at the latter potion.

Ryuu felt the tightening grip of the taller teen which worried him.

"Yin-"

Before he could call out to the prince, he was dragged back to the young adult's chamber. He laid Ryuu on the bed but he didn't dared to look at the teen's eyes afraid to broke out of his composure. Yin clinched his fist making Ryuu glanced at his knuckles worried that any more applied force will wound the young adult's hand.

Ryuu doesn't know how to respond on this current situation. It was always a smooth sailing. The only pressure that was put on him and his colleagues was when they were left behind on tracks of the world which pushed them to work at a faster pace. They were scolded by the higher ups and didn't dare to fall behind again.

The teen unconsciously reached out to soothe the clinched fist of the prince drawing small circles. The young adult soften his grip in response to the Hero's act of intimacy.

'I don't know how to comfort you in any way as humanly possible but don't stood there alone trying to fight the gloomy around' Ryuu thought as he hold the now bruised hand due to the earlier tightening hold on itself. The white skin was now pigmented by a purple and reddish color as he traced the light blue veins on the back side of the Prince's hand.

Ryuu rubbed his thumb at the paled knuckles trying to somewhat bring back it's healthy color. He casted a little of his magic powers to utilize a simple heal spell as he focused on the slender hand of the prince. He looked at the prince who's still alone in the dark place.

'Where did the arrogance go? Earlier you were so proud of claiming me as yours and now you're acting all shit just because your father was disappointed of your work '

He didn't realized that he connected his fingers to the prince's. The young adult snapped out of his trance and stared at Ryuu. But despite of the eye contact, neither of them didn't dared to broke out a word. Only a comforting glance. The deafening silence was too much. Ryuu tried to apart their hands but the prince was reluctant to do so and only tightened their interconnected fingers.

The hero stared at the villain again only to see the now taller male looking at him as if wanting to let out the words out of his mouth. The look on the Prince's eyes were indicating
"Say something"

Ryuu thought of saying "it's alright" but clearly, he would appear as a laughing stock if he really ever did try to say it. He's not good at comforting but that doesn't make him an insensitive fool. Not sure of what he should say to reach out to the guy in front of him, he spoke in a hesitating tone.

"I'm here"

The prince seemed content but didn't bother to respond. He loosened a little and that was enough indication to tell the young hero that he more or less reached out and somewhat pulled the hero out of a dark place.

Deciding that the prince could use some time alone to reflect, he finally removed the hold between their hands and stood up to quietly move out of the room.

Whether it was him or the prince, no one  can really explain the current turn of events that circulated the two entities on the same room. One was calculating and the other one was cautious. Both only trying to understand each other while not breaking out if character. It's not much but it's working.

Before the hero could leave out of the room, he felt himself getting pulled back and the ravenette found himself under the distress look of the prince. He was locked in an embrace without ulterior motives. Just pure longing of attention and Ryuu is not selfish to provide it. The prince moved closer to his neck inhaling his scent. It was an addicting smell. The hero has a distinct scent that intoxicates the prince. Ryuu didn't expect that there was this vulnerable side of the prince that yearns for comfort. He is more dimensional than Ruu anticipated him to be.

They went on the hug for a while both reluctant to let go. They needed this and both are willing to give the warmth without any form of hesitation. After some time Ryuu decided that it's alright now. He tried to wiggle out of the Prince's hold but the young adult only tightened refusing to let go.

"Be good"

That was the first word he spoke after leaving out of the hall. Ryuu sighed before patting the Prince's back trying to make him break the contact. The prince didn't dare to do any of that. The person in his arms is the last thing he would let go of. Whatever emotion he was feeling for the boy, he doesn't seem to hate any of it. Weirded out, yes, but he could not abhor this fluttering feeling on his stomach and the defining chemical reaction on his brain.

"You promised"

He said to Ryuu while trying to inhale more of the teen's scent. It took a while to register before the hero comprehend what the prince was trying to imply but soon understood it. This time it was the prince who broke the comforting quietness.

"He never saw me as his son. I was the prince of this kingdom, an essential piece of his forces that will put him at loss if ever I got myself into trouble. The worried feeling that he shows is not a parental emotion but rather a general losing his sword" the prince finally explained and leaned closer to the hero.

"Whatever I do, it won't ever suffice his eyes. My powers, it wouldn't be able to reach the standards of his"

He finally didn't bother to say more. This will be the first and last time he'll show this side of vulnerability.

But in contrast to his reluctance of humanity, the hero was seeing more of him.

______________________________________

Ryuu: *Pokes villain* hey, stop sulking

Yin: *heavily sighed and cupped Ryuu's armpit to let him sit on his lap* Be good