🐞8🐱

(Screenshot from the episode "Reflekta" )

“Kagami,” I said.

Plagg’s eyes widened. “K-kid? A-are you sure about that?”

I raised my eyebrow. “What’s the matter, Plagg? Aren’t you happy that I finally got to replace Ladybug and stop talking about her every night?”

He shook his head. “No, what I mean is that… why didn’t you choose the person who has always been there for you?”

“Who?” I asked. “Marinette? She’s just a friend. Well, actually not just my friend, she’s also my best friend.”

I put my phone on the table beside my bed. “She has Luka, Plagg and... I think she liked him a lot.”

I lied down so did Plagg. “Good night, Plagg.”

“Good night, Adrien.”

THE NEXT DAY…

“Tada!” Marinette exclaimed as she showed me my outfit for tonight.  “Do you like it?”

“Yes, of course,” I said. “Wow, Marinette, you’re really talented. How did you design our outfits so fast? There are four of us, remember?”

“I have my own ways, Adrien.”

She smiled and handed me the bag with clothes inside. I walked towards the trapdoor and waved goodbye.

“See ya tonight!”

***

“What do you think, Plagg?” I asked as I got outside of the bathroom. “How do I look?"

“You look like yourself,” he said while munching his camembert. “Wait, what’s with that mask?”

I turned to the black mask in my hand. “Oh this mask? This is a masquerade party actually. Marinette decided that I’m going to be Chat Noir and she’s going to be Lady—”

I stopped as I realized one thing.

“Wait! If I’ll wear this mask later, they’ll surely figure it out that I’m Chat Noir!”

I covered my face with my hands. “Oh my gosh, Plagg! Why didn’t I realized it earlier?”

Plagg seemed relaxed. Isn’t he going to worry about me exposing my identity to everyone?

“Nah, don’t worry kid,” he assured. “People are blind in this city."

I rolled my eyes. “Whatever, Plagg.”

“Adrien?” someone asked and knocked.

“Yes?” I replied as I signaled Plagg to hide in my pocket.

The door opened and came father’s assistant, Nathalie. “Thirty minutes before the party will start. Let’s go, Adrien.”

I nodded and followed her to the car.