“Oh! Right! That’s the outfit I’m looking for!” I replied. “And it’s perfect for the designs I’m going to add.”

Adrien sighed in relief. “Whoo! Finally!”

***

I was currently sitting on the bench beside the shoe department when my phone buzzed. I opened my phone and clicked the messenger app.
There was one message from Luka. I wonder why. Is it something important?

Luka: Marinette?

Yeah?

Luka: Where are you?

I’m in the shopping mall.

Luka: Are you alone?

No, I’m with someone and I’m currently waiting for him. He’s in the cashier, still waiting for his turn.

Luka: Who is it?

Adrien

Luka: Oh…
Luka: I know Juleka already asked you this but…
Luka: I was wondering if we could hang out this Saturday? Just the two of us?

Oh yeah about that…
I would really love to go out with you but…
A friend of mine is already expecting me to come this Saturday.
Maybe next time?
I’ll text you as soon as I’m available.

Luka: Sure
Luka: But, who are you going out with?

If I told you, you would think I’m kidding.

Luka: No, I won’t.
Luka: Who is it?

But, before I could reply, someone grabbed my phone abruptly.

“Hey!” I yelled.

Adrien looked at the phone screen but, luckily, it went off. He doesn’t know the password of my phone.

I sighed in relief. At least he won’t tease me again that Luka is my boyfriend. Yeah, just like other times.

Since the day I’ve met Luka and we’ve been texting each other, Adrien always asks me non-sense questions about him.

“Is he a good guy? What if he’ll hurt you? What if he’s Hawkmoth? What if he’s secretly an ally of Hawkmoth perhaps? Then he’ll make sure you’ll fall in love with him and break your heart so, you’ll be akumatize! Oh, Marinette! In my opinion, Luka is not the right person for you!”

I wonder why is he so concerned about my love life. He’s not my dad nor my brother. Then, I started to think ‘til then that Adrien has a crush on me but, then, the ice queen--I mean Kagami came. We met her once when she was akumatized into Riposte. The day Adrien first looked at her, he looked like he was struck by Mr. Cupid. I was there. I was there a few meters behind him. And that’s the time I told myself that Adrien will never see me more than just a friend.

Anyway, back to reality. After that, he looked back at me.

“Who are you texting?” Adrien asked.

I crossed my arms. “It’s none of your business.”

“What are you talking about, Mari?” he replied. “Of course I had the right to know!”

I rolled my eyes. “Who are you then?”

“Your best friend!”

“Whatever. Now give me my phone!” I demanded as I tried to grab my phone from him.

Adrien raised the hand where he had been holding my phone. Now, how in Earth am I going to reach it?

“No, not until you tell me."

“Tell you what?” I asked as I once again tried to reach it.

I looked around then looked back at Adrien.

“Everyone’s looking at us! Now give my phone back!” I whispered.

Adrien looked around and once he turned back at me, he sighed. “Fine.”

Then, he gave me my phone. Yay!

“Thanks,” I said. “Now, let’s go home. I’m starving.”

Adrien nodded and carried the shopping bags. We've already bought mine so, I could say that our mission is now done in this place. We walked to the station where people will wait for the elevator to come but, unfortunately, there wasn't any person there--which is strange. I clicked the button and the elevator door opened. We went inside. Next, the elevator door closed.

“Adrien, is it strange that we’re the only ones in this elevator?” I asked.

He was about to reply to my question when the elevator shook and we both fell and landed on the floor.

“What is happening?!” Adrien exclaimed.

The lights turned off and it turned on. The pattern happened for three times, until it stopped. I stood up and clicked the button which says G (Ground floor) but, the elevator didn’t budge. I clicked it again and again but, nothing happened.

“Mari?” he asked. “What is happening?”

I clicked all of the buttons but, still, nothing happened. I felt Adrien’s hand on my shoulder.

“Why isn’t the elevator working?” he asked.

I turned to him. “Adrien…”

“What?”

“Don’t panic.”

“What do you mean?”

I turned to the elevator buttons and pointed them. “Try clicking them and you’ll know what I am talking about.”

I moved aside as he tried clicking the G button but again, nothing happened. He tried doing what I did earlier but still, the elevator door didn’t open.

He stared at me for a moment before speaking,

“Marinette? Are you thinking what I’m thinking?”

I nodded.

“We’re stuck together!”

End of Chapter Six