The other thing that lingered, was the small fling between Draco and Pansy that was always there during Hogwarts.

She almost smirked as she felt the jealousy swirl in her stomach. Wow y/n.

Blaise caught y/n's eye and gestured at her to come quickly. She rolled her eyes and got up. Making sure to ignore Draco, she said hello to Blaise before greeting Pansy. Pansy forced a smile and turned back to talk to Draco animatedly about something. Draco nodded and smiled, which pissed y/n immensely.

Blaise shrugged his shoulders almost giving y/n a warning look.

Y/n sat down in front of them on the bench.

She waited for Pansy to finish speaking before politely asking her :

" Pansy, what's going on with your life? "

" I've just started my own fashion line and I'm trying to create a whole line before the end of the year. "

She said with a tight lipped smile before turning back to Draco and talking about something y/n couldn't hear as her eye twitched.

Draco looked at y/n and saw her frown before looking back at Pansy, totally ignoring her.

He watched as y/n got up with Blaise and walked to another table.

" Pansy, that was a bit harsh."

" Draco, she walked away from you again. The first time she was hauled by God knows what and now, now she's not even sleeping in your dorm. When are you allowed to walk away in anger or go away to cool off ? "

Silence.

" That's what I thought. I'm not going to let a girl push you around to the point where you disregard your own feelings. I would be a shitty friend if I just let you sulk. Know your worth Draco."

Draco stared intensely at the table as he thought about what Pansy said.

She always gave it to him as it was. Ever since they were 5 - she was always very truthful- even if it hurt .

They got up together and decided to walk back to the courtyard before Pansy had to leave for a meeting about her possibly purchasing a store for her designs and outfits.

They walked and talked easily before Pansy stood outside the headmasters staircase.

Draco gave her a warm hug and kissed her cheek just before she turned away and spin back immediately. She looked down at gus hands finally registering the bandages on his knuckles.

"What the fuck happened Draco?"

Draco scratched the back of his head and laughed uneasily.

" I just gave in to my emotions- it was pretty stupid of me. "

" I don't even need to guess who put you in a mood to literally shatter your knuckles.
Don't let your emotions drown you. It satisfies people when you give in to what they've caused you to feel. "

She held his hand and dropped it before punching his shoulder and walking up the staircase to see Professor McGonagall.

He walked to his first lesson, making it just on time.

Little did he know, that y/n watched them bidding goodbye and seeing the very friendly exchange. She also felt terribly bad for not noticing his knuckles.
She blinked away her tears before walking to her first lesson.

The first few hours of the day flew as her mind was in another place.

She had lost him to Pansy. No wonder she was so cold with her - Draco was hers now.