Overworld Chapter 5 - A Lively City

Start from the beginning

            Servants rushing passed him to get away, Link pulled out his sword and continued on the path. Zeal must have noticed him, because all of a sudden her hand cast out towards the bridge. An orb of dark magic raced towards Link.

            Two heads rose from the water. Link lowered his shield when he realized this, staring up at the two dragons guarding him. They were a deep, royal blue, coated in golden armor. Dragons had near vanished from Hyrule years ago, so it was a wonder for everyone around. Nearly everyone stopped to stare for atleast a moment.

            Zeal repealed her attack with a brief laugh, before returning to her storm cloud. Link almost expected her to consume the entire castle in the shadows, when a brilliant light shot straight out from one of the towers.

            No normal human would have seen the origin of the light, but Link did. Perched in one of the tower windows, Link watched a blonde haired girl ready and aim a second arrow at the wound she had created in the black cloud even as its dark walls began to close again. She fired with truest aim, sending her arrow and the rope tied to it through the gap and down to the bank below.

            There was a golden flash as the girl strung her bow over top of the rope and began to zipline down to the water. A Sheikah produced herself in the window, sliding down moments after. After the girl had landed in the water, the Sheikah turned around in the air, and tossed a thin, razor sharp blade at the rope to hide their exit.

            The rope splashed against the water as the two raced off along the bank far below. Zeal must have heard it, because she paused. Then, there was a brief laugh, and she vanished as she had done in the temple, and so did the clouds surrounding the castle.

            “What were you thinking?”

            Link was jerked around, the hood falling off of his follower. He blinked, recognizing the face. “Endeavor?”

            “Of course, you twit! Who did you think it was? I have a silver wolf as company, not a slobbering beast like one of the Demon Lord's dogs,” she retorted.

            “You were dressed in all black…,” Link muttered.

            She snarled. “It’s dark navy, you…ahh…I would not expect you to know about the Drex’s traditions. Before I can take on my people’s color, I have to study in the ways of the goddess’s. Nayru is my last one, so I wear her blue.”

            Link ignored the fact that Endeavor’s clothes were next to black, though he began to notice the blue with her hood down. He asked, “You’re studying the Goddess of Wisdom and you called me a twit?”

            “Because you are one!” Endeavor replied. She glanced up at the two dragons, still hovering overhead. She said something in a language Link didn’t recognize. She groaned as the dragons went back into the water. “It is ancient Hylian, Link.” She shook her head. “We do not have time for this. The Demon Lord left this morning back to his Dark World. Zeal was trying to capture Princess Zelda here, before she and her guardian escaped. The King will want to know about all this.”

            “That was the princess?” Link asked.

            “Yes, it was,” she looked down the river. “She is lucky Impa is still loyal to her, after so many reincarnations of uselessness.”

            Link said, “I don’t know about useless. She fired that bow on her own. I’ve never seen a truer marksman.”

            “Then maybe she will finally play a part in this quest,” Endeavor said snidely.